Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

JoyMax will stop developing Silkroad?

Discussion on JoyMax will stop developing Silkroad? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 04/09/2013, 18:26   #16

elite*gold: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxemuman View Post
Russia is a big part of the world, closing rsro for me clearly mean joymax is going to close silkroad at all, also why they would keep this game alife?.

They just follow easy money, but in long term they will lose more and more on that attitude, its already happen. They are losing money and they wont take in mind that they have to make innovative and good quality games to raise profits, they just keep looking for another ways to get some easy money(look at EA). That **** will end up soon because those idiots will bankrupt.

We have no really good games to play thats why we are sitting here whining about old sro game is dying.

Sony, microsoft, nintendo would be first to bankrupt if they wont invest in creative and innovative games. Refreshing 30 times same MARIO **** isnt a good way to survive dont you think?
RuSRO is not a part from joymax, mail.ru bought the game for their gaming "planet", there are many games there wich got bought...it has nothing to do with joymax, I don't think joymax will stop the updates
Old 04/09/2013, 18:28   #17

elite*gold: 0
They are developing Silkroad 2, of course Silkroad will close some time after it's release
Old 04/09/2013, 18:47   #18

Received Thanks: 1,517
Quote:
We have no really good games to play thats why we are sitting here whining about old sro game is dying.
No good games? What about Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars (2), Tomb Raider, BioShock (Infinite), TES (Skyrim), TES:O, DotA 2, LoL, HoN, Assassin's Creed (3), Portal (2), Garry's Mod, TF2, Far Cry (3), Counter Strike, SimCity, The Walking Dead (the comic book style one), Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, FTL, etc.?

There are hundreds of great games. The only reason people are still whining about SRO is because lots of people are addicted to SRO and because SRO has a cult status, most likely because it is so addictive to so many people.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/09/2013, 19:04   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesderid View Post
No good games? What about Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars (2), Tomb Raider, BioShock (Infinite), TES (Skyrim), TES:O, DotA 2, LoL, HoN, Assassin's Creed (3), Portal (2), Garry's Mod, TF2, Far Cry (3), Counter Strike, SimCity, The Walking Dead (the comic book style one), Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, FTL, etc.?

There are hundreds of great games.
Most of those games are nothing just commercial **** when you compare them to
Gothic 1,2 night of the raven,
old sim city,
gta vice city,
shadow of the colossus,
nightmare creatures 1,2 and tons of old REAL games made for peoples not for money. For me(old player) today games are poor *****.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2013, 19:21   #20

Received Thanks: 2,330
Quote:
Games in bold are on the top of mine !

Quote:
Most of those games are nothing just commercial **** when you compare them to
Gothic 1,2 night of the raven,
old sim city,
gta vice city,
shadow of the colossus,
nightmare creatures 1,2 and tons of old REAL games made for peoples not for money. For me(old player) today games are poor *****.

Either you have a poor taste, either you can't afford a decent video card, bro.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/09/2013, 19:24   #21

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:

There are hundreds of great games. The only reason people are still whining about SRO is because lots of people are addicted to SRO and because SRO has a cult status, most likely because it is so addictive to so many people.
Develop games for smartphones and other portable devices are way cheaper and the market is bigger.
The trend is going into making more casual games rather than really worked on games, Joymax is not going to lose that bus.
After that announcement I even doubt SRO2 is going ever to be released.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2013, 20:31   #22

the market for mobile games may be bigger, but people are less likely to spend money for mobile games
totally switching from PC games to mobile ones is a bad decision imo.
You just don't make the same revenue. Joymax has countless servers running, which would become pretty much useless.
I still think that they will release Silkroad 2. That's more likely than that they will move totally to mobile games.

@pax: You really have a bad taste.
You're just whining about newer games, because your ****** PC won't even open the installer.
There are countless new games with a really good story and graphics and pretty much everything you need.
e.g. Bioshock Infinite, Alan Wake(not really popular, but it's a hell of a game with one of the best stories I've ever seen) or the Assassin's Creed games(pretty much the best I've ever played)

oh and: vice city? HAHA. san andreas FTW!
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/09/2013, 20:52   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickl View Post
the market for mobile games may be bigger, but people are less likely to spend money for mobile games
You just don't make the same revenue. Joymax has countless servers running, which would become pretty much useless.
I still think that they will release Silkroad 2. That's more likely than that they will move totally to mobile games.

You're just whining about newer games, because your ****** PC won't even open the installer.
There are countless new games with a really good story and graphics and pretty much everything you need.
e.g. Bioshock Infinite, Alan Wake(not really popular, but it's a hell of a game with one of the best stories I've ever seen) or the Assassin's Creed games(pretty much the best I've ever played)

My pc can handle new games, but they all are boring( except dead space) take a look at real game example :
Old 04/09/2013, 21:42   #24

concidering its joymax,im SURE there will be server files for mobile games and they get released and make 6235547254 pservers and then joymax say they go onto consoles LOL
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2013, 21:44   #25

Quote:
My pc can handle new games, but they all are boring( except dead space) take a look at real game example :
I'm 100% sure that you didn't try any new game
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2013, 21:46   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickl View Post

i agree,but san andreas doesnt have that good feel to it,AND GTA VC had the best soundtrack,thou SA was pretty good aswell.just gta VC had its feeling to it.

OT:since joymax is gonna die,then why not just stop development and call it an end there
Old 04/09/2013, 22:07   #27
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
i dotn think this way though
there is no real confirmation of Joymax quitting SRO at all
they are just emailing rSRO
yet, cSRO still not informed, meaning this can just be for rSRO
ill like to see the kSRO notice. When that happens, then we can say goodbye to SRO
Old 04/09/2013, 22:21   #28

this could be one reason too for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by androw3349 View Post
joymax took every publisher server local since the last leak of vsro 1.273 files joymax went mad on all the publisher and they took every server local
Old 04/09/2013, 22:26   #29

Received Thanks: 1,455
^ ya probably they wanna gain more players in isro ,So they closing other servers that they have control to close them.
Old 04/09/2013, 22:42   #30
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
i went to cSRO main site to take a look if there was something

newest news are from 2011 and it looks like some kid wrote them

as I said, until offical news are posted(globally, not just rSRO) I will assume this is only for rSRO