Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Where do you see Silkroad in 2 years?

Discussion on Where do you see Silkroad in 2 years? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 03/26/2013, 00:12   #31

elite*gold: 0
graphics don't matter to me i still play super mario 64.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/26/2013, 00:23   #32

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfuria View Post
yeah they do, up yo a certain extent
Old 03/26/2013, 00:47   #33
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfuria View Post
I play RS07
Actual RS has better graphics, but gameplay is ****** up

at some point, many have mistake that good graphics means a awesome game
look at CoD
thye claim to be the best game ever yet others FPS with less graphics have more appeal toward the community
my point is that even without the graphics, if SRO manages to lure more ppl, there is no really a need to have good graphics(ofc, it there were to happen, noone is gonna complain)
Old 03/26/2013, 00:57   #34

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
I play RS07
Actual RS has better graphics, but gameplay is ****** up

at some point, many have mistake that good graphics means a awesome game
look at CoD
thye claim to be the best game ever yet others FPS with less graphics have more appeal toward the community
Now that's a wrong example. CoD has neither of these, amazing graphics or a good gameplay. The graphic engine they use is so **** old and it pretty much looks the same since COD4, only the requirements are changing so people think that they are "advancing".
Old 03/26/2013, 01:05   #35

WOW and AION are good examples aion went f2p because it thought grinding & good graphics would make people want to play
aion is just another fail beautiful graphics korean grinder with unoriginal gameplay.
Old 03/26/2013, 01:05   #36

Received Thanks: 1,312
Ofc iSro will be dead and noone will know Joymax asap this happens.
Old 03/26/2013, 01:08   #37
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
Now that's a wrong example. CoD has neither of these, amazing graphics or a good gameplay. The graphic engine they use is so **** old and it pretty much looks the same since COD4, only the requirements are changing so people think that they are "advancing".
im not saying that they have recent graphics, im saying they claim to be good just because of them
im saying that many now complain that a game that is on low defnition is bad

of course, CoD doesnt have a realllllllllllllllllllllly good graphics, but for some reason the actual graphics is enough to lure players
Old 03/26/2013, 01:54   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
im not saying that they have recent graphics, im saying they claim to be good just because of them
im saying that many now complain that a game that is on low defnition is bad

of course, CoD doesnt have a realllllllllllllllllllllly good graphics, but for some reason the actual graphics is enough to lure players
Promotion and low expectations thats a reason. For the last 5 or more years there was not many really innovative games. With time peoples started expect less and less from games. Cod is popular only because of promotion not because it is a outstanding game.
Old 03/26/2013, 04:55   #39

More modern games don't really offer much more than SRO does, except a better interface. There was talk of making a custom SRO client that would run on just about any device (surely it could be done fairly easily in WebGL and run inside a browser, too), but there wasn't enough activity in the community to warrant it.

However, there are plenty of things that could be done to keep interest. For starters, a real emulator that's 100% complete and up to date with the latest real servers. Then there's good hosting, not the cheap kind everyone uses and claim it's so expensive they need to sell things in-game to pay for it (really, about 2% of my current salary, which is ~$200 a month, would be able to power a server running with 5000+ people, it's not that expensive, and donations, not sales, from just a few people would more than cover it).

With something like a fully capable emulator and a host that isn't terrible and flaky, you could start a community with events like what makes things like PoE and D2 great. How about ladders? Adjust rates to a reasonable level, kick up a server and give everyone some starting gear, but otherwise it's a race to see who can get to the highest level. How about hardcore servers where dying = permanent? How about private-private servers via the same simple channeling techniques used in modern servers, where you can literally have an entire area for yourself or your party (sans any event mobs and with lower drop rates, perhaps). How about hosting of your own servers and scripting access to invite friends to try out scripted events in a server you don't have to bother hosting? For instance, Tower Defense in SRO? How about a legit server with normal rates with no pay-to-win and randomly dropped silk? How about a PvP-only server?

How about all of this within a single shard and on the latest client so you don't have to download someone's patched client and hope they didn't include malware?

All of that is pretty simple with a real emulator. That's something this community could've had years ago, or could have now if instead of trying to constantly suffocate itself, shared information and stopped trying to make money in an unsustainable way with a crappy, incomplete, outdated project. It's not hard.

Give someone who can actually make that happen the information necessary and perhaps a community that rivals SRO circa the level 60 cap might be a possibility (what's that, a 60 cap server with chinese only, just for nostalgia?).

Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/26/2013, 08:30   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jM3 View Post
More modern games don't really offer much more than SRO does, except a better interface. There was talk of making a custom SRO client that would run on just about any device (surely it could be done fairly easily in WebGL and run inside a browser, too), but there wasn't enough activity in the community to warrant it.

However, there are plenty of things that could be done to keep interest. For starters, a real emulator that's 100% complete and up to date with the latest real servers. Then there's good hosting, not the cheap kind everyone uses and claim it's so expensive they need to sell things in-game to pay for it (really, about 2% of my current salary, which is ~$200 a month, would be able to power a server running with 5000+ people, it's not that expensive, and donations, not sales, from just a few people would more than cover it).

With something like a fully capable emulator and a host that isn't terrible and flaky, you could start a community with events like what makes things like PoE and D2 great. How about ladders? Adjust rates to a reasonable level, kick up a server and give everyone some starting gear, but otherwise it's a race to see who can get to the highest level. How about hardcore servers where dying = permanent? How about private-private servers via the same simple channeling techniques used in modern servers, where you can literally have an entire area for yourself or your party (sans any event mobs and with lower drop rates, perhaps). How about hosting of your own servers and scripting access to invite friends to try out scripted events in a server you don't have to bother hosting? For instance, Tower Defense in SRO? How about a legit server with normal rates with no pay-to-win and randomly dropped silk? How about a PvP-only server?

How about all of this within a single shard and on the latest client so you don't have to download someone's patched client and hope they didn't include malware?

All of that is pretty simple with a real emulator. That's something this community could've had years ago, or could have now if instead of trying to constantly suffocate itself, shared information and stopped trying to make money in an unsustainable way with a crappy, incomplete, outdated project. It's not hard.

Give someone who can actually make that happen the information necessary and perhaps a community that rivals SRO circa the level 60 cap might be a possibility (what's that, a 60 cap server with chinese only, just for nostalgia?).

Most of the stuff you named doesnt need an emulator. And by the way, Venture is well on its way lol.
Old 03/26/2013, 08:56   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
Most of the stuff you named doesnt need an emulator. And by the way, Venture is well on its way lol.
Yes. Yes most of it would require an emulator.

And at this point, I don't think anyone is really going to get excited about yet another closed source emulator. Every single one has failed.
Old 03/26/2013, 09:04   #42

Quote:
How about hardcore servers where dying = permanent?
How about hosting of your own servers and scripting access to invite friends to try out scripted events in a server you don't have to bother hosting? For instance, Tower Defense in SRO?
Not sure about those 2 but everything else is possible. The area thing without an emulator would be incredibly inefficient though
Old 03/26/2013, 09:13   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
Not sure about those 2 but everything else is possible. The area thing without an emulator would be incredibly inefficient though
Channeling can't be done without an emulator. We're talking about a server within a server, an instant and seamless channeling. No logging out, no starting a new server, etc.

The rest is implicitly on a latest-version unmodified client, which unless Joymax is selling the community latest releases or stopped making changes that aren't reflected only in the PK2 files, isn't possible without an emulator.

Anything done without an emulator would also be incredibly awkward because it wouldn't be seamlessly integrated with an administration front-end.
Old 03/26/2013, 11:47   #44

In my Recycle Bin
Old 03/26/2013, 12:54   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jM3 View Post
Channeling can't be done without an emulator. We're talking about a server within a server, an instant and seamless channeling. No logging out, no starting a new server, etc.

The rest is implicitly on a latest-version unmodified client, which unless Joymax is selling the community latest releases or stopped making changes that aren't reflected only in the PK2 files, isn't possible without an emulator.

Anything done without an emulator would also be incredibly awkward because it wouldn't be seamlessly integrated with an administration front-end.
Instead of talking take your hands and start work on your own emulator, also share it completly open source not under agpl, or keep it closed source. If you dont have time to code stop spread **** on every other project(for example npcdomm one). Your expectations from home developers are unreal. Just make something which will work oke? more than character select screen if you want peoples to take you serious. Make one from things you talking about.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread