Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Jeefo Virus

Discussion on Jeefo Virus within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 02/02/2013, 21:11   #46

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,320
Microsoft Security Essentials sucks. ESET 6 ftw.
Old 02/02/2013, 23:16   #47
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty* View Post
Microsoft Security Essentials sucks. ESET 6 ftw.
again, any AV that detects the virus when you open an infected website is just enought
Of course you NEED PC protection, but to avoid any future infection, i think only that is necessary
i have KIS and is being great. It detects all this stuff and more
However, the simple fact that it detects an incoming virus is better than detecting it already on your PC
my point is that it is better to be protected against incoming stuff, than having to clean your PC after getting infected
Old 02/02/2013, 23:58   #48

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
again, any AV that detects the virus when you open an infected website is just enought
Of course you NEED PC protection, but to avoid any future infection, i think only that is necessary
i have KIS and is being great. It detects all this stuff and more
However, the simple fact that it detects an incoming virus is better than detecting it already on your PC
my point is that it is better to be protected against incoming stuff, than having to clean your PC after getting infected
Each antivirus can be different from each other for example KIS can detect any file as virus while it's not when eset 6 doesn't do that
Old 02/03/2013, 02:58   #49

Quote:
lets put it this way
anyone with the virus gets his exes and root(www) infected, each time they share files they spread, as well as accessing the infected website(without av)
if you have the virus, no matter if you get the clean server files, it is gonna be infected anytime
so this is both the client AND server files
server files where clean but when someone started spreading the virus, even Cherno got infected(his account got hacked cuz of this) and some downloaded the infected files his doppelganger posted
so it did with client
The theory with Chernobyl getting his account hacked and someone dl's all his files and infect them and uploading them again is really farfetched imo. I think he did this by himself. But neither can you or me proove the fact wether this statement is correct or not.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/03/2013, 09:47   #50

I only have clean vsro 1.188 client on MF. Does anybody have clean server files and i mean completley clean with no jeefo xD
Old 02/03/2013, 12:49   #51
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRayz View Post
The theory with Chernobyl getting his account hacked and someone dl's all his files and infect them and uploading them again is really farfetched imo. I think he did this by himself. But neither can you or me proove the fact wether this statement is correct or not.
im 100% sure he did get hacked, his old acc(skype) pmed me to approved really infected files, too obvious to be like him
if he infected his after he recovered his acc, idk
Old 02/03/2013, 13:33   #52

Quote:
im 100% sure he did get hacked, his old acc(skype) pmed me to approved really infected files, too obvious to be like him
if he infected his after he recovered his acc, idk
Since you are the moderator here and an authority person he could've just wanted you to be on his side in case someones asking. As i said we don't know the thruth and i guess we don't wanna know it either.
Old 02/03/2013, 14:31   #53
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRayz View Post
Since you are the moderator here and an authority person he could've just wanted you to be on his side in case someones asking. As i said we don't know the thruth and i guess we don't wanna know it either.
nah, as soon as I knew this, i just said to contact an admin. I actually never even contacted him after that.
But that other guy was too obvious to post virus. I know how Cherno acts, and that guy was just those "Post hack ion every forum" spammer
anyway, blaming ppl now is nonsense. We need to get rid of it rather than figuring out who did it