Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guid] How To Protect Your Web Site Prevent Sql Injection [Guid]

Discussion on [Guid] How To Protect Your Web Site Prevent Sql Injection [Guid] within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 844
Lightbulb [Guid] How To Protect Your Web Site Prevent Sql Injection [Guid]

hello epvp members this tutorial original by me and im going to show you how to protect your site from sql injection let's start

question:What is Sql Injection !?

answer:A SQL injection attack attempts to compromise your database by creating SQL commands that are executed instead of, or in addition to, the commands that you have built into your application.

What Can Be Done to Prevent an SQL Injection !!

1. Don’t use dynamic database queries.
  2. Don’t accept user input in queries.
1. Patch your SQL server regularly

Before we get into the coding part of the advice how to prevent an SQL injection, we need to start with the fundamental issues. SQL injections might be a frequent programming error but they aren’t the only way for a hacker to break into. If your underlying software – i.e. the database and the operating system have vulnerabilities, then your efforts to secure your code become obsolete. This is why you should always patch your system, especially your SQL server.
2. Limit the use of dynamic queries

As I already mentioned, dynamic queries are the door to SQL injections. Of course, it might not be realistic to expect that all dynamic queries can be trashed right away but some of the ways out are stored procedures, parameterized queries, and above all – prepared statements. The exact approaches vary from one programming language to the other but basically any programming language offers good substitutes of dynamic queries.
For instance, the PreparedStatement() with bind variables in Java, or the SqlCommand() and OleDbCommand() with bind variables in PHP, or strongly typed parameterized queries with bindParam() in PHP are all possibilities to explore.
3. Escape user input

The second biggest evil for SQL injections is user input. While you can’t always avoid user input completely, the next best thing is to escape it. Escaping user input doesn’t do as good job as limiting dynamic queries but still it can stop many SQL injection attacks. For instance, if you are using PHP, for GET and POST, use htmlspecialchars() to escape XSS characters and addslashes(), in case you using database. Alternatively, you can escape user input from inside your database but since the exact code varies from one database to the next, you should check with the docs of your database for the exact syntax to use.
4. Store database credentials in a separate file

In order to minimize the damage in case of an SQL injection attack, always store database credentials in a separate file. This way even if a hacker manages to break in, he or she won’t benefit much.
5. Use the principle of least privilege

The principle of least privilege is a security cornerstone and it applies to SQL injections as well. For instance, when you grant a user access only to the tables he or she needs rather to the whole database; this drastically reduces the damage potential.
6. Turn magic quotes off

Turning the magic_quotes_gpc variable off can also stop some SQL injection attacks. Unfortunately, this isn’t always a reliable measure because sometimes magic quotes might be off and you are unaware of this but still it is better than nothing. In any case, you need to have code to substitute quotes with slashes. Here is the simplest way to do it:
if (!get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
$username = /*-!@#$%^&*=+($username);
$password = /*-!@#$%^&*=+($password);
}

7. Disable shells

Many databases offer shell access which essentially is what an attacker needs. This is why you need to close this door. Consult your DB’s documentation about how to disable shell access for your particular database.
8. Disable any other DB functionality you don’t need

In addition to the shells there are many other functions in a database you don’t need. While not all of them are a security risk, the general rule here is that less is more. Just remove or at least disable any functionality you can do without.
9. Test your code

Finally, the last step to ensure your code is SQL injections-proofed is to test it.

if you are good with hacking if you cant test it just quit

oh just to mention im who typed this tutorial so i dont need new noob come and say copy&past please

best regards

Mats0o0o0~aka~Volcan
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/07/2012, 10:21   #2

elite*gold: 0
thx my bro good jop <3
Old 08/07/2012, 10:22   #3

Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mats0o0o0 View Post
oh just to mention im who typed this tutorial so i dont need new noob come and say copy&past please

best regards

Mats0o0o0~aka~Volcan

Thanks
12 Users
Old 08/07/2012, 10:23   #4

are you sure it's not main !! cuz im pretty sure im who type it from long time at my old website
Old 08/07/2012, 10:24   #5

Your english, & the english in this thread are like.. 235892375 REGIONS apart.
Don't lie, you fail @ it pl0x...
Thanks
7 Users
Old 08/07/2012, 10:24   #6

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,635
Quote:
are you sure it's not main !! cuz im pretty sure im who type it from long time at my old website
I'm also sure you typed this with your english "knowlage".
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/07/2012, 10:25   #7

More like a copy/paste typo...perhaps you typed the title.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/07/2012, 10:27   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღ ∂ Ropp View Post
Your english, & the english in this thread are like.. 235892375 REGIONS apart.
Don't lie, you fail @ it pl0x...
just i wanna mention that's im not freak without friend's who can talk perfect english more than any kid here and they help me to translate my work
Old 08/07/2012, 10:28   #9

pl0x close request @ no credits
also request IP check on matsooo & canuseemeM
Old 08/07/2012, 10:28   #10

Received Thanks: 1,118
At least it's now on the forum, that's what counts - I dun understand why you rewrote it completely though, you could've simply mentioned the link as a recommendation, kinda suspicious ;d
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/07/2012, 10:29   #11

Quote:

Consult your DB’s documentation about how to disable shell access for your particular database.

best regards

Mats0o0o0~aka~Volcan
Yea looking at the english in that bold text then the copy and paste statement just makes me laugh. And why would you say this? Your DB's documentation? Who the fck in SRO scene is going to have documentation? theyre not a proper business you know?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/07/2012, 10:29   #12

Quote:
just i wanna mention that's im not freak without friend's who can talk perfect english more than any kid here and they help me to translate my work
Then, please. PLEASE ! Ask them for help right now while you are trying to lie !
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/07/2012, 10:29   #13

Quote:
Its BY TSVETI. Are you a ******* old white woman? Why you gotta lie when you're fasting. Allah is going to **** the **** outta you when you die..
Thanks
7 Users
Old 08/07/2012, 10:32   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by r7slayer View Post
Yea looking at the english in that bold text then the copy and paste statement just makes me laugh. And why would you say this? Your DB's documentation? Who the fck in SRO scene is going to have documentation? theyre not a proper business you know?
well this topic not for the fck Sro this for everyone have website

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Shane View Post
Then, please. PLEASE ! Ask them for help right now while you are trying to lie !
and about you if you dont know me just go to zone-h and see my work maybe that make me good

im not lair

any way people like you must stop get into internet fast or it gonna destroyed
Old 08/07/2012, 10:33   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicas View Post
Its BY TSVETI. Are you a ******* old white woman? Why you gotta lie when you're fasting. Allah is going to **** the **** outta you when you die..

#request to close ( anyone can read this even if it's closed and there is google ( your best friend on the internet ) )
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread