Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Making a Private Server

Discussion on Making a Private Server within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Making a Private Server

So i've made several private servers over various games before so I wanted to make an sro private server, now i've read the tutorials and I was wondering is there a way to let people connect without Hamachi? Like in ecsro?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/18/2008, 04:44   #2

Received Thanks: 1,583
if you read all the posts you wouldnt even be thinking of making a private server.
Old 08/18/2008, 04:50   #3

and why not?
Old 08/18/2008, 05:59   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofugo View Post
and why not?
The connect thru hamachi is for sremu. Sremu isn't really a completed project. So you can't really make a server with it. So we just have to wait until someones finishes it. Or you can try to ask ocean and buy the server files from him.
Old 08/18/2008, 08:29   #5

Quote:
and why not?
And with the leaked server files, no complete database was released with it. Until someone can find the correct data for the tables, that project is unworkable.
Old 08/21/2008, 20:52   #6

hmm chernobyl,lolpp, tofugu and everyone else here if u would have been a bit less selfish and ignorant u would know that they r sererfiles already, you just have to go over them and fix them!!!!!!!

tofgu if u r that experienced why dont u try to make a crack for isrobot? i can tell u how to do it but the only prob is that i dont know assembly and c++...
Old 08/21/2008, 21:34   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalblade View Post
hmm chernobyl,lolpp, tofugu and everyone else here if u would have been a bit less selfish and ignorant u would know that they r sererfiles already, you just have to go over them and fix them!!!!!!!

tofgu if u r that experienced why dont u try to make a crack for isrobot? i can tell u how to do it but the only prob is that i dont know assembly and c++...
****, thats what you call those things I've been working on for 3 months..."SERVER FILES"!! I though they were something that would end world hunger.....sorry for being so ignorant.

BTW the problem isn't with the server files, it's with the database. All the tables are there that the server is expecting but there is no data in those tables. If were as easy, as you seem to think it is, to just go over the files and fix them, Why hasn't it been done already?
Old 08/26/2008, 09:58   #8

elite*gold: 260
Received Thanks: 3,751
Quote:
So i've made several private servers over various games before so I wanted to make an sro private server, now i've read the tutorials and I was wondering is there a way to let people connect without Hamachi? Like in ecsro?
There's not a single thing different about a "SRO" private server project than any other "Server". The program must accept connections from clients and then simply processes the data, sending and recving.

As for a SRO private server itself, it's a lot of work. Our client only has a subset of the total data necessary for a Silkroad server. At best, you would have to approximate a lot of calculations and information yourself (assuming you didn't find it in the leaked Silkroad files)

In essence, you are writing a new game; it's just that you have all the media resources done for the game. It's "doable", but I don't know many who want to spend the time on such a large project with really low benefits.

If you wanted a server framework, you could search around to see if anyone had an archived copy of SR33 source code. I designed it for several purposes, one of which was being a private server framework. My new project, edx33 will be a bit more efficient to use, but no ETA on when that will be released. (I've got a lot of things to do)
Old 08/31/2008, 19:29   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedx View Post
There's not a single thing different about a "SRO" private server project than any other "Server". The program must accept connections from clients and then simply processes the data, sending and recving.

As for a SRO private server itself, it's a lot of work. Our client only has a subset of the total data necessary for a Silkroad server. At best, you would have to approximate a lot of calculations and information yourself (assuming you didn't find it in the leaked Silkroad files)

In essence, you are writing a new game; it's just that you have all the media resources done for the game. It's "doable", but I don't know many who want to spend the time on such a large project with really low benefits.

If you wanted a server framework, you could search around to see if anyone had an archived copy of SR33 source code. I designed it for several purposes, one of which was being a private server framework. My new project, edx33 will be a bit more efficient to use, but no ETA on when that will be released. (I've got a lot of things to do)

<3 Drew =) lol