Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server > SRO PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 06:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Custom GFXFileManager - Create your own PK2-Format

Discussion on Custom GFXFileManager - Create your own PK2-Format within the SRO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,465
GFXFileManager Source - Create your own PK2-Format

Hello beloved, dead community,

i think its time for some fresh sources. I've reverse engineered the GFXFileManager. For the ones among us who don't know what this is: This thing handles all PK2-Container related stuff, meaning it is used to read and write files in and to the PK2-Container. The launcher and the server also use it to access files on the disk.

Yes. . But his codebase was super ugly. (Sorry Drew <3).

For now, its doing what I am using it for: Easy development
All files are loaded from the disk, resulting in your SRO_Folder looking like this!

(Note: The Media.pk2 is still existing in a minified version because edxLoader requires it.)

So, having its interface reverse engineered, you now can:
  • Create your fully customized container format
  • Make a universal PK2 Editor that does not has to deal with the container-structure
  • Replace the container with plain disk access (for easier development)
  • Create wrappers for different file-types or names and replace entire file-formats (like introducing a compressed image format, maybe?)

Hints and Warnings:
  • It is developed based on the GFXFileManager in VSRO 1.188. Other versions and locales can work, but its likely they won't. Nonetheless, having the source you can easily make it work for other versions.
  • Feel free to report bugs on GitLab (please check if your bug has been reported already, and please put a meaningful description of your problem.)
  • Feel free to request stuff
  • I've never seen a good, community driven, silkroad project and I doubt it will ever exist. Anyway, feel free to contribute code on GitLab.
  • Please keep in mind: VSRO was compiled on Visual Studio 2005 (Platformtoolset 80). Microsoft does not care about ABI-compatibility between toolsets. While GFXFileManager seems entirely separated from the Main codebase, any newer toolset than 80 might break the DLL. Visual Studio 2010/Toolset 100 seems to work fine till now.
  • Compiling on "Debug" will break the ABI, no matter what version you are using! Always compile on "Release"!
  • I've even implemented some of the bugs the original file manager had

Complete Source:

License: . No warranties whatsoever!

Download: This is a library. There is no use in a compiled version. Download the source on GitLab.

Have fun.
Thanks
54 Users
Old 03/04/2017, 13:18   #2

elite*gold: 56
thank you dud
Old 03/04/2017, 13:57   #3

elite*gold: 53
thanks!
Old 04/12/2017, 19:08   #4

elite*gold: 0
How does it work ? any guides ?
Old 04/14/2017, 04:45   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by florian0 View Post
Hello beloved, dead community,

i think its time for some fresh sources. I've reverse engineered the GFXFileManager. For the ones among us who don't know what this is: This thing handles all PK2-Container related stuff, meaning it is used to read and write files in and to the PK2-Container. The launcher and the server also use it to access files on the disk.

Yes. . But his codebase was super ugly. (Sorry Drew <3).

For now, its doing what I am using it for: Easy development
All files are loaded from the disk, resulting in your SRO_Folder looking like this!

(Note: The Media.pk2 is still existing in a minified version because edxLoader requires it.)

So, having its interface reverse engineered, you now can:
  • Create your fully customized container format
  • Make a universal PK2 Editor that does not has to deal with the container-structure
  • Replace the container with plain disk access (for easier development)
  • Create wrappers for different file-types or names and replace entire file-formats (like introducing a compressed image format, maybe?)

Hints and Warnings:
  • It is developed based on the GFXFileManager in VSRO 1.188. Other versions and locales can work, but its likely they won't. Nonetheless, having the source you can easily make it work for other versions.
  • Feel free to report bugs on Github (please check if your bug has been reported already, and please put a meaningful description of your problem.)
  • Feel free to request stuff
  • I've never seen a good, community driven, silkroad project and I doubt it will ever exist. Anyway, feel free to contribute code on Github.
  • Please keep in mind: VSRO was compiled on Visual Studio 2005 (Platformtoolset 80). Microsoft does not care about ABI-compatibility between toolsets. While GFXFileManager seems entirely separated from the Main codebase, any newer toolset than 80 might break the DLL. Visual Studio 2010/Toolset 100 seems to work fine till now.
  • Compiling on "Debug" will break the ABI, no matter what version you are using! Always compile on "Release"!
  • I've even implemented some of the bugs the original file manager had

Complete Source:

License: . No warranties whatsoever!

Download: This is a library. There is no use in a compiled version. Download the source on Github.

Have fun.
what about blowfish
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/14/2017, 11:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnukertube View Post
what about blowfish
It's not planned to implement the original filemanager any time soon. There is no gain in recreating a class for the blowfish-encrypted-pk2.
This lib is meant for implementing custom formats in the first place.
If you want to create a wrapper around the original file manager, you can simply use the interface and instanciate the original file manager inside your wrapper.
Old 04/14/2017, 13:42   #7

thank dude
Old 05/23/2017, 03:02   #8

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
#Sticked
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/23/2017, 13:37   #9

Received Thanks: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
#Sticked
Wondering why this guide got sticked
Old 05/23/2017, 13:51   #10

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow* View Post
Wondering why this guide got sticked
Because it's a good release. One of the best releases in years. He put efforts in something that is not average.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/23/2017, 14:18   #11

Received Thanks: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
Because it's a good release. One of the best releases in years. He put efforts in something that is not average.
I do appreciate his efforts, but it's not a good reason to stick the thread.
Old 05/23/2017, 14:20   #12

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow* View Post
I do appreciate his efforts, but it's not a good reason to stick the thread.
I'd say: This release (good ones) that get buried in the section just because of the lack of skill from the community deserve more light so perhaps more people would be encouraged to contribute. This is development.
Old 05/23/2017, 16:36   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
#Sticked
Maybe making a sticked thread that contains all the good ones threads related to development would be better for showing appreciation for everyone's efforts,
and not leading sticky section to get crowded,
also easier for users to find everything in one place.
Old 12/03/2018, 08:40   #14

can you re-upload
Old 12/03/2018, 11:53   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeonNETWORK View Post
can you re-upload
How can I reupload something thats not even down?
Thanks
2 Users

Tags
api, c++, gfxfilemanager, pk2