Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

how to make new effects

Discussion on how to make new effects within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
how to make new effects

i wont know how can make new effects ( not edit old effect)
and merge any image like with effects in Texture
like this
Example

Old 04/22/2016, 14:14   #2

First of all, on that screenshot, there is nothing new at it.
Secondly, you simply cannot. Just cut out that thinking that people did these and that and whatever. You simply cannot implement new effects.

The .efp files are refering to different items inside the data (plain texture layers) and particles (looping post-scripted, well, particle effects) packs.
You have to link each item to the main .efp file, which no one can manipulate them properly.
E.g. a link is "SOMEWEIRDFIGURESHEREANDTHERE\textures\smoke.ddjAN OTHERUSELESSFIGURESTUFF", you cannot replace the "textures\smoke.ddj" with something like "SOMEAWSUMFOLDERNAME\unlimitedfiguresandsuch.d dj". That won't work.
Even if you fit in some figures ("texture1\smoky.ddj"), making it hard to track after a while, you won't have the precise given details in DPI, size (X,Y (particles additionally Z axis)), layers, filters, etc.
Old 04/22/2016, 23:01   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
First of all, on that screenshot, there is nothing new at it.
Secondly, you simply cannot. Just cut out that thinking that people did these and that and whatever. You simply cannot implement new effects.

The .efp files are refering to different items inside the data (plain texture layers) and particles (looping post-scripted, well, particle effects) packs.
You have to link each item to the main .efp file, which no one can manipulate them properly.
E.g. a link is "SOMEWEIRDFIGURESHEREANDTHERE\textures\smoke.ddjAN OTHERUSELESSFIGURESTUFF", you cannot replace the "textures\smoke.ddj" with something like "SOMEAWSUMFOLDERNAME\unlimitedfiguresandsuch.d dj". That won't work.
Even if you fit in some figures ("texture1\smoky.ddj"), making it hard to track after a while, you won't have the precise given details in DPI, size (X,Y (particles additionally Z axis)), layers, filters, etc.
you can keep the same " "textures\smoke.ddj" "

and just edit it from zero, just leave the same name.
Old 04/23/2016, 08:47   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 哈野浅哈 View Post
you can keep the same " "textures\smoke.ddj" "

and just edit it from zero, just leave the same name.
Hai.
Well, that doesn't matter, if you are going to recolor the linked ddj files, but this specific thread wants to make new effects, so yeah.
But the same issue still remains: No accessibility to the real effects, the scripted part about each item being linked to the efp, that "when to flash, when to blend in which layer, how to move resize and when to fade them out".
Joymax coded their efp files not with any common program.

You cannot create new skill effects like new weapons via 3Ds Max Design/Blender or whatever someone is using for it. Those efp files have been coded by a private application from Joymax itself.
Old 04/25/2016, 00:35   #5

Quote:
Hai.
Well, that doesn't matter, if you are going to recolor the linked ddj files, but this specific thread wants to make new effects, so yeah.
But the same issue still remains: No accessibility to the real effects, the scripted part about each item being linked to the efp, that "when to flash, when to blend in which layer, how to move resize and when to fade them out".

You cannot create new skill effects like new weapons via 3Ds Max Design/Blender or whatever someone is using for it. Those efp files have been coded by a private application from Joymax itself.
i can use vsro npc to edit it XD
Old 04/25/2016, 17:31   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 哈野浅哈 View Post
i can use vsro npc to edit it XD
... do you mind elaborating this?
Old 05/27/2020, 20:57   #7

Quote:
Hai.

2020 and still being imposible?
Old 06/03/2020, 15:48   #8

elite*gold: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beba Army View Post
2020 and still being imposible?
Same question
Old 06/04/2020, 19:07   #9

Now, that's a good question.
Old 06/08/2020, 10:57   #10

You can use the skilleffect file to create instances of existing effects and use them as source for new stuff...
In the end it does not matter to create everything from scratch if you can use existing effects and manipulate them to look different.

Possible (refers to a full object, not parts of it):
- multiply objects (adding additional lines)
- fade in/out with timer
- position
- movement position
- rotation
- sound
- size
- color
- a "chain of effects" if you have a matching animation on your bsr

Not possible:
- create a new "effect structure"

The top picture is based on flying dragon skill, the lower pictures are based on ice storm.

Old 08/02/2021, 07:09   #11

Hope a superexpert would achieve it someday <3