Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What should i do to open my own server?

Discussion on What should i do to open my own server? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What should i do to open my own server?

hi epvp, i quit sro after zszc's end and shortly after that vsro files published as far as i know... i downloaded all the files that day and tested on local... i did managed to open my server, but never went online... because my internet connection was/and still is slow...

after years i wanna be back to sro but almost all the servers are full of bots, bugs, lags... or has around 100- onlines... living for couple months and vanishing...

as a sro lover and old ecsro player i wanna live that days once again. i know it's hard. but i wanna try at least...

now i have some questions...
i can't use my home connection for sro server... can i rent a server? if i can, is it safe/reliable?

for example servers like zszc-zone... is that server home-based or owner of that server rented a server for his game?
should i rent normal dedicated server or it has to be specially made for sro?
i mean, we don't have copyrights for vsro files... so if i use those files in a normal dedicated server, it could be a problem right?

is there any "reliable" place to rent a server for sro? is it expensive or not?
i wanna start 500-1000 players and then upgrade to 2000-3000...

my plans for the server is like that:
105cap
only china
no jangan cave. cave mobs at const-samar
315 mastery cap
10x exp-sp rates
1x item-gold drop rate
no sox drop at 10-11d
alchemy rate 1x
no lucky magic powder
no such things as 20% damage scrolls in item mall
no 0% stones... only 10-20-30% to make stats harder.
max + is 9 on set 12 on weapon/shield
ip connection limit 2
academy disabled to prevent abusing to getting buffs... or nerfed...

swapping item degrees:
9d-8d
10d-9d
11d-10d
8d-11d because 8d was the best times of sro. and 8d items are the classic... making 101 items look like 8d is in my plans...

nerf to devil's spirit or completely removing it.
ftw is just for fun and glory, no tax system...
no magic pop.

i mean i wanna make it completely play2win instead of pay2win. a rich guy can buy silks, sell silk items to make gold and then get full sun set in a day for example... doesnt matter if i sell items or not.

if i can ever open this server, the best player can reach 101+9 set 101+12 weapon and average player can easily get +5 set +7 weapon... so, no one is overpowered nor underpowered... is that a bad idea? would you like a server like this?

i actually want a server without bots... i really do. but having players in non-bot server is almost impossible these days i guess... if i ban botters, they're gonna switch servers...
Old 02/06/2016, 09:37   #2

first you need a vps with the server then you can start edit everything
Old 02/06/2016, 19:09   #3

Before even doing "VPS and Webhosting" (everything in context with spending money) - fix your modules at your very first attempt about security. Nothing beats the **** outta your server service, when your server gets crashed and crashed over and over again.
Fix those exploits, fix those loopholes, try it with someone, attack your server, to see if it actually worked out.

No exploit fix = Forget about hosting a server. A VPS won't save you. A filter (against DDoS and co) won't help you either.
Just a single douchbag can crash your server with a single exploitable package.
Old 02/06/2016, 19:57   #4

which vps provider is the best price/performance one to set sro server up right now?
i can upgrade my server as it becomes more popular but at start, like 500-1000 capacity probably enough.

can i use any vps to set server? is there any legal risk? which provider zszc-zone using right now? anyone know that?
and is there any list of all the exploids-bugs from untouched vsro files?
i'm looking for step-by-step guide.

i know "how to do" but i don't know exactly "what to do" i mean i know working with databases, editing pk.2's and things... but i don't know all the bugs out there right now.
Old 02/06/2016, 21:12   #5

elite*gold: 247
start to read first of all then u may get something
Old 02/21/2016, 01:09   #6

I was also thinking of opening an old school server,how was Silkroad 8 9 years ago.
You know that know it's full with servers D13 D14 and all this sh%t and it's really difficult to survive
Closed Thread