Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Possible dual wielding?

Discussion on Possible dual wielding? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Possible dual wielding?

Can it be possible to dual wield chinese 1 handed weapons? I wanna try something with the CH dual blades or swords,like use animations from the EU dual axe or something and implement them to chinese.
I know skills have to get edited aswell,but will it be possible?
Old 08/08/2013, 08:19   #2

Received Thanks: 6,289
Use EU animations on china chars and viceversa its complicated, since the animations are defined on the char bsr's, and EU and china chars have different animations asigned. You would need to figure out how BSR's work for add the new animations on the desired chars.
Old 08/08/2013, 11:09   #3

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
Use EU animations on china chars and viceversa its complicated, since the animations are defined on the char bsr's, and EU and china chars have different animations asigned. You would need to figure out how BSR's work for add the new animations on the desired chars.
Can't he just find the ban file which CH skills use and change it with the EU one?
Old 08/08/2013, 11:37   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
As far as i remember its even more complicated because of joymax optimizations, you cant simply change bsr or character, after all i didnt managed to do that, it seems to be not possible.
Old 08/08/2013, 15:16   #5

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowStorm1 View Post
Can't he just find the ban file which CH skills use and change it with the EU one?
That means removing any existing chinese skills that use those animations. Otherwise youll have a soulspear looking like a crutial rush.
Old 08/08/2013, 20:24   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxemuman View Post
As far as i remember its even more complicated because of joymax optimizations, you cant simply change bsr or character, after all i didnt managed to do that, it seems to be not possible.
Uhm... as far as I know the ANI_SKILL_2 for example is defined on the character's BSR, but not directly, is kinda like following an internal order when reading the animations from the BSR, and assigning a codename to them. I through that was all that was needed because when arabia update came up, many servers had problems with the chars new skills animations because they didn't update the char's BSR's, so they couldnt get the new animations working cuz the skilleffects file was calling animations not defined on the BSR's. I updated it since the very beginning and had no problems at all.

If we figure out the BSR's format, or at least the animations part, it shouldn't be that hard IMO.
Old 08/09/2013, 09:58   #7

Or just switch a sheild to make it look like a weapon .
Old 08/09/2013, 10:44   #8

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
It's not hard but, The 2nd weapon won't even do any effect on the target except for some fail movement client sided. You can simply change shield's bsr with any of other weapon and try to use any combo for an example, you'll figure out how **** is it look like!
Old 08/10/2013, 09:52   #9

man it sounds alot harder than it looks,but it seems cool to get dual wielding chinese chars,the idea itself is nice
Old 08/11/2013, 20:22   #10

Now I remember Cruor did it like in 2008, sadly he deleted his Youtube account so the video is gone, but I remember perfectly he replaced the china shield with another blade and used skills. Looked cool.
Old 08/15/2013, 15:17   #11

It's possible to do such an item for chinese.
I think there are also skills which looks good even if you have 2 weapons.
But the main problem is which i see is that chinese Chars can't use animations from euro chars like for example "Spinning"-Skill at euro.
BTW its not an edited shield in my hand
Old 08/15/2013, 16:06   #12

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLord View Post
But the main problem is which i see is that chinese Chars can't use animations from euro chars like for example "Spinning"-Skill at euro.
Facepalm. you can create your own animation. the hardest part that the skills should match the hit. dunno how to explain also dunno where dafuq it should be edited but I'm sure it's not GS. since the additional of new skills does not require GS editing!
Old 08/15/2013, 16:12   #13

I found that in every charxxx.bsr there is the information which animation he can use.
In skilleffekt.txt i just define the ANI_SKILL2.
So how i can do new animations without editing old one.
I should need to edit bsr therefore or not?

So is it possiblr to define other *.ban in skilleffekt.txt except of ANI_SKILL2, ANI_SKILL6...
also the weapon type 2 tabs before is important.
If i wtite SWORD or SPEAR the ANI_SKILL2 is different.
But i cant type DAGGER. Chinese chars dont find correct animations therefore.
So anyone a idea?
Old 08/19/2013, 11:30   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLord View Post
thats progress dual wielding is hard,yet i dont think a CH wizard is that hard since you can use nuke animations for it lol
Old 08/19/2013, 12:20   #15

you can also use glavie or blade animation which looks nice at dual wielding.
But the best way would be if it would be possible to create or edit bsr files.
I didn't found out which original fileextension Joymax is using.
But it could be xmm <-> bsr (Autodesk 3DS max file for mapping animation to obj) or xaf <-> ban (Autodesk 3DS max file for animations).
This is just a possibility for the files cause there is the possibility to convert bsm to obj (also an extansion for Autodesk 3DS max).
Maybe we find out more.
Btw. Dual wielding isn't hard when you know how
But it's lot of editing !