Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request] DDos protection

Discussion on [Request] DDos protection within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Request] DDos protection

hello all
anybody can help me how i can protect my server from the ddos attackers? i rly want nice proteection and laggles server
Old 05/29/2012, 22:47   #2

elite*gold: 166
Received Thanks: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononono16 View Post
hello all
anybody can help me how i can protect my server from the ddos attackers? i rly want nice proteection and laggles server
Ddos is a f*cking unstoppable attack if you dont pay like 500$ +
You can only lower the effect, can't stop
Old 06/06/2012, 08:20   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkoplata View Post
Its ehmmm **** what u saying why ppl ddosing because they cant create a own server

1.U dont have to pay 500$ +
2.Its easy to setup but very hard
3.Leave the sro servers
4.I have stoped it its because ddos is ping the server for packages ( if u disable that **** and secure all ports als not putting smc port outside and everything on localhost u will be fine )

Need help ? contact me im not a money digger
Old 06/06/2012, 08:41   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkoplata View Post
Dont fail like a newfag, thx.

Setup *** **** iptables!
And close all ports that dont be needed.
Old 06/06/2012, 08:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NιGHT View Post

Setup *** **** iptables!
Thats useless, he'll just find your opened ports that you need and ddos those, i've tried that and still got pwned.

If you are lucky and you are attacked with a small ddos you might stop it with a very good software firewall. If not, you'll just have to pay alot of money as sarkoplata said for a phyisical firewall hosted at a anti-ddos company...
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2012, 09:17   #6

Received Thanks: 6,289
The temporal solution I did is bound all the opened ports to programs, this means, the ports are open only when the program that uses the port is running. By this way, if I get attacked on those ports I just have to restart the server and the port will be closed when the OS reboots, so you can access the machine.

I'm not sure if my method will work well, since I just got small attacks (800k botnets attacks), and didn't last for too long, but right now is the only afford-able solution since I don't have the money for pay a hardware firewall, that is the only real solution, through still it doesn't protect the server at 100% against DDoS.
Old 06/06/2012, 09:22   #7

Well, cheap would be just a script but thats **** if a big bot attacks you.
You could improve your Server with a unlimited number of money and someone with a bot thats big enough could **** u.
Old 06/06/2012, 23:36   #8

elite*gold: 166
Received Thanks: 2,654
Quote:

Setup *** **** iptables!
If it's a toooooooooooooooo basic attack...
Old 06/07/2012, 03:11   #9

You cannot stop DDoS attacks and people saying do this and that as if it will stop DDoS please just shut up because your talking out of your **** basically and know nothing of DDoS attacks. At the most you can do is mitigate the attacks making it have less impact on your server.

Even official servers like WoW, Aion, all SRO servers, etc, etc... get DDoS but they have thier networks set up by professionals who know how to deal with DDoS attacks and can lessen the impact, so the servers stay online while been able to deal with the attacks.

Kinda tired n cant really think of an example except think of some one punching you in the face. You can't stop that person but you can atleast put a sponge infront of your face to lessen the impact, making it bearable. Same sort of thing when setting up DDoS protection thats all it is.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/13/2012, 06:55   #10

Quote:

Setup *** **** iptables!
Too basic man.When hit u 1500+ ips u can't do nothing^^