With so many files all over the place, I'm creating a single thread to compile all into
one source and to discuss any issues and problems setting up the client and server.
The location of original thread (general topic on mwo 2.0 setup, 3.0 setup, how to update DB, locations of chinese server files and many more.) :
1. Setup How to Document (160kb):
(check out corrected attachment below)
Server Files also contain How to instruction just go to start -> all programs -> mwo private server -> docs -> MwoSetupGuide.pdf
2. Server Files (114megs):
3. You can download installer to patch the client or patch it manually. (mwo 1006)
>>Installer way - button click (504megs):
>>Manual way - drag and drop (246Megs):
- To combine "xxxx.7z.001", right click on the "filexxxx.7z.001 -> select 7z -> extract here"
and you should have the file combined and extracted.
- 7z ()
If above doesn't work or you still having issues, make sure you do the following:
You can start mwo manually by going to C:\Mwo30Private\Mwo30PrivateServer\Mwo30Server\r1g ame1\ and starting 100.exe, 600.exe, 1500.exe and 3000.exe. I believe the game is using shared memory therefore it is picky and need you to start it with username and pass.
1. open windows firewall on ports for start100.exe, start600.exe and start1500.exe and start3000.exe. (I can't remember the port number for each, just start each one and look at the port number that it is using and open them) or kill windows firewall just for testing then put it back up.
2. You must have router or switch at home and open the ports from 7000-7020 or some big value like 0-10000.
3. You must start mysql server first. Remember though, you can only have 1 mysql server. If you have more than one, you must kill the other one after that you need to start Okchecklogin.exe and LoginServer.exe. These are for login verification.
After these two, you need to start 100.exe and the rest in order.
You can start mysql manually by going to DOS command line and go to mysql50\bin directory, find mysql.exe and type:
C:\>net start mysql.
if you see the following then you have multiple mysql running or you have started one.
C:\>net start mysql
The requested service has already been started.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.
Have fun and enjoy....