Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Hero Online - Private Server ?

Old   #106

elite*gold: 0
Cool

comon word harder i want this **** private server

Old   #107

+1 :P i would be happy with the maps dc - sp xD would be enough for me =) pet train FTW !! haha

Old   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by karraksc View Post
(10 DLs Max)

These are the files I've been playing with since the beta, working on making a custom client for it that "might" be compatible with Hero....
can you tell us how to attach the database without having an error? i tried on both MSSQL 2000 and 2005 they give error.

and please if you can upload the beta clients to another host, those links doesn't work anymore. megauload or mediafire would be great.
Old   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbao View Post
can you tell us how to attach the database without having an error? i tried on both MSSQL 2000 and 2005 they give error.

and please if you can upload the beta clients to another host, those links doesn't work anymore. megauload or mediafire would be great.
That link was put up with only a 10 download limit. The clients are hosted now on my site under the US Hero Beta Clients section.

Old   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by karraksc View Post
That link was put up with only a 10 download limit. The clients are hosted now on my site under the US Hero Beta Clients section.
i see, as you said you been playing with the close beta server i am assumed that you have it setup complete and playable.
thanks for the links bro, but you didn't tell me how did you successfully attached your database on MSSQL 2005.
Old   #111

Quote:
i see, but why i still can download it? and that make the server database incomplete if it's 10 DL max? as you said you been playing with the close beta server i am assumed that you have it setup complete and playable.
thanks for the links bro, but you didn't tell me how did you successfully attached your database on MSSQL 2005.
The condition on my getting them to work with was that I didn't develop any client-side apps, only server-side, since he was already working on that.

The closed beta files used Access databases, which were later ported over to MSSQL 2000, so I don't have any idea how much of the SQL was altered. In March of 2007, my PC was hit by lightning, and I lost the 250gig HD with all the server dev stuff that was on it. What I have in my Beta folder is all I was able to recover intact.
Old   #112

i see, do you means the database is incomplete now? but you lost almost all the working files?
Old   #113

Quote:
i see, do you means the database is incomplete now? but you lost almost all the working files?
I was able to recover the 4 realm game servers, the login server and the world server and only part of the original database files. Most of the documentation files are still in korean, I had Jim translate some of them so I could work from them, tho most were to-do lists and such.
Old   #114

hero online private server How to install?
Old   #115

is it playable and i would need the link :S
Old   #116

OMG guys shut the hell up. YOULL KNOW WHEN YOU CAN GET IT. STOP PESTERING zooommmggggg
Old   #117

I don't this it's hero online server after Aqualung posted Fengyun 3D server files that really identical to this server files but it completed. in English the games called Storm Online..
so i think the guy from here may post fake server files that only wants hero online fans wants a HO server files lol you guys can go to Rage Zone.com and go to Server Help Extra and there's a topic about Hero Online.. you guys will find out sorry they don't let me post direct links in here because i am a newbies lmao but i think most of you known Rage Zone.com already . i am really hope i was wrong but.. nah i could be right caused i downloaded the complete server files from him and it looks exactly the same that i got from here.
Old   #118

How we register this private server? This works now?
Old   #119

this is still not hero online files
Old   #120

Quote:
I don't this it's hero online server after Aqualung posted Fengyun 3D server files that really identical to this server files but it completed. in English the games called Storm Online..
so i think the guy from here may post fake server files that only wants hero online fans wants a HO server files lol you guys can go to Rage Zone.com and go to Server Help Extra and there's a topic about Hero Online.. you guys will find out sorry they don't let me post direct links in here because i am a newbies lmao but i think most of you known Rage Zone.com already . i am really hope i was wrong but.. nah i could be right caused i downloaded the complete server files from him and it looks exactly the same that i got from here.
Storm Online was beta tested last year, these files were posted by JasonX originally on Rage Zone in 2007, minus parts 14 & 15 (that contain the databases) after he sent a copy of them to me and a couple of others to test out. I found the virus he included in the archive when I received it and deleted the infected files, tho Harpo didn't unfortunately. I was able to set up the server and run it for a couple of days before Lightning crashed the PC.
If you check, you will find that JasonX (Rage Zone and BotsMall) is actually James Xing of Netgame, from the original dev team.