Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Decrytion of sha1RSA packets

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I am playing a game that uses the sha1RSA encryption/decryption algorithm. I have the key it, but I don't know how do use it. If anyone has any ideas or help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old   #2

hmm sha-1RSA?

how do you know?

SHA-1 is a hash algorithm that means it is a one way system its usualy used to check if data are unchanged so its a check to secure data

RSA is a asymetric encryption algorithm that means you use a public key to encrypt the data and there is a secret key to decrypt the data

so its a great way to encrypt stuff cause everyone can encrypt something and send it to you and only you can decrypt it

there is no way to decrypt the data with the public key!!!

search for RSA and SHA-1 at wikipedia oder google there are alot iformations

Old   #3

Thanks for the help, I'll check into it later.

To find the key I logged the packets and got a packet where it sends an unencrypted key to the client, and the packet also says that it is sha1RSA encryption. Pretty easy *evil smile*