Scheduled Opening Date: 16 January, 2015
Without a server to call home for many midrater players, a new server strives to break to mold and provide a unique, enhanced midrate experience that still keeps true to midrate standards and expectations - AeonRO. This server aims to pick up on pre-renewal where Gravity left much to be desired and regularly continue to update and expand the pre-renewal environment, while maintaining a balanced PVM, MVP, WoE, and Battlegrounds metagame.
The long-term goal for Aeon-RO is to break through the staleness of farming and grinding the same monsters and MVPs that make every mid-rate server a similarly and increasingly dull experience, while maintaining a central focus on the competitive WoE GVG experience and Battlegrounds. Ultimately, the dream is to refresh the Ragnarok Online experience and expand the end-game by providing constant, engaging reasons to log on during non-WoE hours while still retaining an emphasis on GVG combat. In order to accomplish that, Aeon-RO intends to episodically release new content, including but not limited to Nightmare Dungeons Modes, Monster Invasions, new methods to obtain or conservatively upgrade to existing desirable equipment, and more.
- Base 30x / Job 30x / Drops 20x
- Quest rates 30x
- Ice Necklace and Sharp Leaf Turn-In down to 15x
- Normal card drop rates 20x (0.20%)
- MVP card drop rates 1x (0.01%)
- MVP item drop rates 10x
- Boss class card drop rates 5x (non-MVP boss mobs, such as Necromancer, Salamander, etc)
- Ghostring and Deviling Cards are excluded and are 1x
- Boss class item drop rates 10x
◦ Stats and other information
- Maximum Level: 99/70 transcendent, 99/50 pre-transcendent
- Maximum Base Stat: 99
- Maximum ASPD: 190
- Maximum Guildsmen: 28 (subject to change based on population)
- Party Share Range: 20
◦ Server time: PST (GMT -8), DST
◦ Main Town: Prontera
◦ Episode 13.2: Encounter Against the Unknown
- Content from the Episode 13.3 El Dicastes (Bifrost) will be rebalanced for pre-renewal and implemented in the future.
◦ Battlegrounds 2.0 is to be released 3 days after server release
◦ WoE FE and SE are to be released on 30 January, 2015 in an episode including enhanced Guild Dungeons.
◦ All-in-One Healer
- Heals, buffs, repairs and identifies items, and removes negative statuses. This NPC can be toggled to allow or disallow one-click healing or healing and buffing through the use of an NPC in Prontera. Healing and buffing services cost a small fee. All services are free from level 65 and below.
- Warps the players to a town, dungeon, field, or WoE castle. Warps to dungeons and fields cost as small fee. Maps that include an MVP spawn are not included in the warp list.
All services are free from level 90 and below.
◦ Tool Dealer
- Includes ALL commonly used items that are officially sold, with the custom inclusion of Grape Juice and elemental/status arrows.
◦ Reset NPC
- Resets skills and stats and saves builds for quick toggling. Resetting costs 150,000z for skills or stats individually or 250,000z for both. Resetting costs are halved until level 95.
◦ Job Master
- Changes the character's job class when applicable. It also provides Platinum Skills upon job changing.
◦ Restock Manager
- Restocking functions are implemented. However, restocking when on the go is not permitted. There will be a Restock Manager in every town to quickly restock your items when you return. The Therapist in Battle in the Battlegrounds will also provide restocking services.
- Changes the palettes of a player's appearance.
◦ Costume NPC
- Costume items are implemented.
◦ Aeon Coin NPC
- Opens a cash shop in order to purchase items with Aeon Coins, a currency obtained by participating in events or other server-encouraged activities (such as Instance Dungeons in the future). Aeon Coins will be accessible outside of events alone!
◦ Headgear Quest NPCs
- All custom headgears will have a quest attached to them unless obtainable otherwise. All donation headgears are obtainable in-game with reasonable requirements.
◦ Preserve Remover
- Removes the Stalker skill Preserve in Prontera for convenience.
◦ Poring Catcher
◦ Bomb Poring
◦ Disguise Event
◦ Dice Event (Inverted)
◦ More coming soon (including PVP events)!
Battle Information (In Development)
@go, @return, @load, @time, @jailtime, @uptime, @refresh, @aloot, @mobinfo, @monsterinfo, @mi, @iteminfo, @ii, @exp, @rates, @showexp, @showdelay, @whodrops, @whereis, @autotrade, @at, @changeleader, @reject, @commands, @noask, @request, @hominfo, @homstats, @feelreset, @mail, @noks, @myinfo, @create, @join, @exit, @whosell, @security, @guildskill, @order, @leader, @reportafk, @listenbg, @bgranked, @bgregular
◦ The minimum requirement to join Battlegrounds is level 95 transcendant classes or Soul Linker class.
◦ Battlegrounds will include one single badge (Aeon Badge). Telma will be converted into a purchase shop in order to speed up the process of restocking and become more visually friendly. Acid Demonstration materials can be purchased separately or in a set.
◦ Food items weigh 1 and do not fade on death.
◦ The Therapist in Battle offers buffing and restocking services. It will also provide Soul Link to Soul Linkers.
◦ Field Manuals are obtainable through Telma in order to provide more ease with creating alts or helping friends level.
◦ Ghostring Card, Golden Thief Bug Card, and Fallen Bishop Hibram Card are currently disabled in GVG maps.
◦ Improved access to minor performance enhancements such as RCX, textureless (grid) GRFs, simplified sprite effect GRFs, etc.
◦ Custom Status Icons
(including songs and dances, negative statuses, Devotion, Sight, Ruwach, Elemental Converters...).
◦ Hard Delays will be implemented to render nodelay ineffective.
◦ Nidhoggr's Nest Instance Dungeon is now an open dungeon. The instance is still available for those who wish to avoid competition.
◦ Sunglasses  and Glasses  are added to Old Purple Box and Old Blue Box drop tables to improve access.
◦ Metamorphosis has been removed from Mi Gao's skills.
◦ Measures against inflation of zeny are in place (including farming nerfs, opportunities for zeny sinks, etc).
◦ A majority of commonly included bugs have already been removed prior to opening (including Dispellable songs, etc).
◦ Brasilis Quests' EXP rewards are reverted to pre-renewal values.
Joining as a guild?
Reading the above specifications, one will notice that many of the features are focused on the competitive scene. What else do we have in store for guilds? Why should you bring your guild here?
◦ A Guild Package is currently in development as a "thank you" for becoming a promising part of our competitive scene and as a little boost.
◦ Battlegrounds rewards include not only some critical donation items (Sunglasses , Holy Marching Hat, Yellow Ribbon), but items like Level 10 Cookbook and Orlean's Gloves as well!
◦ GVG 3-Day Rental System will allow for a guild member to participate in Battlegrounds for many of their equipment weekly instead of having to hunt it on their own. While, ultimately, it's definitely better to try and purchase or hunt these items as it can become taxing and is still somewhat limited, it's definitely a viable option to perform as well as possible in WoE in a pinch.
◦ An administrator who actually has a good understanding of the WoE and GVG meta.
If you have any questions about any of these features, please feel free to PM me here on elitepvpers, on Aeon-RO forums, or ask in our Question and Answer forum. If you would like to know more about me, Reality, please feel free to take a look at my (arguably) short