Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

You last visited: Today at 07:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Wizardry Online PS

Old   #1
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
Red face Wizardry Online PS

Hello Epvp community;

I've actually been in pursuit of looking for a way, or someone to help me with questions I have about creating / making a private server.

A game I've been enjoying called Wizardry Online currently hosted by Sony online entertainment is going offline ,I contacted sony and the ysaid the only way I can obtain source files is by contacting Gamepot the creators of the game itself, unfortuantely for me the entire website is either in Korean or Japanese and for the love of *** I couldn't read it and I'm not downloading Google chrome for a **** translate lol.

The official shut down date for this game ahs been announced as July 31st 2013, and I'm looking to try and launch a private server before or after that. There have been other games in the past that shut down and I missed the opportunity to ever play them again via private server games like Ferentus, or Yugioh Online Duel Accelerator, this time I've found an MMO I find worth saving as long as I have some help with the know how to get me started.

can someone point me in the direction for this? I've checked out sites like there has been no talk / no files for the game itself there.

Does anyone know how I can take the games files itself and upload it ot a private server hosted from my PC for personal play? Making it so it doesn't send / receive data form SOE anymore, but from my personal computer?
================================================== ======

I realized I just wrote 2013 for July last year, but I meant this year 2014 *still sucking at this new year thing . . .*

SO if anyone's willing to give me some information on how I can go about creating this private server I still have hope.. not a year ago.. not way late on posting

Old   #2
Hello Elithiya,

I'm new to Wizardry Online game and loving it and wanted to try to find a private server or help you in your pursuit to create one, because I don't want to see such a game disappear. It sounds like you're in need of the source files. I'll try to make some sense of Gamepot's website and hopefully we can figure out a way to achieve our mutual goals.

Just know you're not alone in this pursuit.

-Otter aka Daqueenofgames
Old   #3
Hello -Otter aka Daqueenofgames,

I definitely need some source files; but unfortunately the whole website is in Japanese I believe. Possibly Korean.. looks more Korean. I wrote to gamepot but sadly never got a response; and I've yet to see any indications of a private server. The game is great; but it's going to die (other than the non translated version) if a private server doesn't go up. Honestly that just sucks , good games like Ferentus were killed by hackers, it just blows this game is dying by lack of players. If you have any information, or find anything let me know.

-Yuu aka Elithiya
Old   #4
I hate to revive old threads but Just had to post.
This game was much loved by myself and one other fellow gamehacker.
We dedicated six long months of our lives to understanding how the memory of the application was allocated and to finding all the memory hacks we possibly could for this game. We found quite a bit. But we found some of the old game source files hosted publicly online in a title simply known as "book1"
We quickly learned of the VCE engine which was to blame for the cryptography found within the packet structure and memory allocation.
We quickly took the VCE source file and made a dll hook which we stealthly injected to the client. This allowed us to bypass the encryption and see pre encrypted data. We could also feed hex back to the function which we used to hook the packets.
This game was great and I wish I had not killed it.

once we wrote this the bane of the game soon followed. I stumbled upon a buffer overflow in numerous locations within serverside memory which allowed one to hack the gold.
We dabbled with this slowly leaking gold into the economy through the trade system and shops. Then I felt my achievements were not being recognized and I went from underground elite to spotlight attention whore.
I spent an entire day on the servers tossing everyone I could at least 20-50million gold pieces each. This massive blow forced many players to quit. Sony tried to hit the spawned gold with a rust storm, however it seemed the scripts they wrote were faulty about 1 in 10 we had given the gold to kept it.
We tried to point the blame at an alleged programmers son, who went by the name Orrion. He fed us backend info about the games internals. Any question I had I would ask him about the mechanics of the game and how things were calculated etc. This kid seemed to be more than just a kid. I believe he was a dev in guise of his own son. He claimed to have source and tools but would never release them.
Over the year of the slow poison we had leaked into the system the user base dwindled and I released a ton of memory hack trainers and methods to the general public.
I had made everything from a speed run hack which got patched and I found a work around to client filters for speed and fixed (as well as client downgrading and version spoofing from the send hook Aptly named zend) to fly hacks to critical hacks to many other useful interaction hacks. one including being able to be godmoded in the inn and killing people while walking around town!
I don't know why I am sharing this or why I am even posting this here. But I wish I had not killed this game off.

My hook still works for the japanese version and bypasses xigncode flawlessly. (since the injection and unlinking methods used are private old school methods which were used all the way back in the flyff days to bypass gamegaurd and inject to clients)

If anyone does have any files or anything to revive this once dead game I am willing to not only help but to host.
Contact me via email.
you can find it in a self posted visitor message in my profile on this forum.

I still have some of the communication protocol dumps saved. But to write an entire server source from scratch going off of the last known good english client seems a bit... intense and too much to do.
One would have to literally decipher all the raw packet data and make the server respond accordingly. I did not sniff many received packets only sent. So what the server says back is still semi a mystery.
However with funding I assume one could get anything done

If anyone knows of any files server related for this game anywhere please inform me.

Old   #5
Hey there, i saw this latest reply, and am excited to hear anyone has devoted some time into investigating this, for that tyvm.

if there's any help i can be just let me know, i still have all files for the launched version of the game and the cbt English versions installed.

Anytime if needed could upload those if they could be of use.
Old   #6
It's been quite a deal of time I've done tons of searching and tried speaking with the company some more, but I've yet to discover where or how I can set up a private server of this and even if I could i don't have any files to do so as the Japanese company just brushed me off entirely.

Really wish I could play this game again.. or if the **** JP version was english patched lol

assistance, game, private server, wizardry online