Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Easy[GUIDE] to make MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + secure Xampp

Discussion on Easy[GUIDE] to make MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + secure Xampp within the Private Server forum part of the General Gaming Discussion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Easy[GUIDE] to make MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + secure Xampp

MuWeb 0.9

Okei i made an easy guide ..Some of people might find it hard.

In order to install MuWeb 0.9 You have to use xampp (unless you want to install Zend Optimizer manual on the other webservers like easyphp,apache and so, I prefer xampp so this guide is based on xampp)

1) Click ----> <---- to download xampp
2) After you have downloaded xampp then install it. (This is one of the easiest part of the guide) Install it at: (c:\xampp) - As default.
3) Now go to your xampp folder (c:\xampp) then you will see a folder named htdocs there, double click it and delete all the files unless the folders "contrib, forbidden, xampp, restirected" <-- These are the folder names, Dont delete them.

4) Now download MuWeb 0.9 (Free Version) to start downloading MuWeb 0.9 click on of the mirrors

(FileFront)
(SendSpace)
(RapidShare)

5) After you have downloaded MuWeb 0.9 (Free Version) install it and extract the files into the htdocs folder: (c:/xampp/htdocs)

6) Go to "c:/xampp/htdocs/INSTALL STUFF" then double click MuWeb.reg and click Yes then OK. (PS: If you use MD5 then extract WZ_MD5_MOD.dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn - Run the next code in SQL QUERY ANALYZER using Master database(ONLY IF YOU USE MD5):

Code:
exec sp_addextendedproc 'XP_MD5_EncodeKeyVal', 'WZ_MD5_MOD.dll'
7) Now open config_inc.php and edit it with your settings:

* $muweb['db_host'] - Database Host where SQL Server is hosted (127.0.0.1 if you host it yourself)
* $muweb['db_name'] - MU Online default database (MuOnline)
* $muweb['db_name2'] - MU Online secondary database (Me_MuOnline)
Note: If you use only 1 database (MuOnline) leave MuOnline
* $muweb['db_user'] - SQL access user (normally sa)
* $muweb['db_password'] - SQL access password (the password you did input when you installed your SQL Server)
* $muweb['connection_type'] - Leave this one as ODBC unless you got the Premium Version

REQUIRED APACHE MODS

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR]) Enable MOD REWRITE - Go to (c:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf) , open it, find [COLOR="Red"]#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so[/COLOR], delete # from the front save and restart the webserver.

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR]) GD Image Library - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini, search for [COLOR="Red"];extension=php_gd2.dll[/COLOR], delete ; from the front close document and save

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]3[/COLOR]) Zend Optimizer - Can be enabled from php.ini (in xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for [COLOR="Red"]zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = Off[/COLOR], change Off to On (that means delete "Off" and write "On")

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]4[/COLOR]) Search [COLOR="Red"]zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0[/COLOR], change 0 to 1, close document and save. (Can be enabled from php.ini (in c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini)

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR]) Zlib - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for ;extension=php_zlib_filter.dll, delete ; from the front close document and save.

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]6[/COLOR]) Mssql - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for [COLOR="Red"];extension=php_mssql.dll[/COLOR], delete ; from the front close document and save.

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]7[/COLOR]) Mod_Rewrite - In xampp this mod is already enabled, in others webservers you can enable it from httpd.conf (If it still wont work then check: (c:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf) Search for [COLOR="Red"]#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so[/COLOR] and remove # from the front.
8)
Now open your browser and go to: <example: http://yourservername/install.php>

8.1)

* Connecting To Databases

8.2)

* Checking,Altering Tables

8.3)

* Password Encryption Type

8.4)

* + NO MD5

* + MD5 ENCRYPTION - Make sure you have complete Step 1. from the top of INSTALL NOTES

8.5)

* Create Administrator Account

8.6)

* Install Finished

NOW DELETE INSTALL.PHP FROM: <c:\xampp\htdocs\install.php>
ALSO DELETE THE FOLDER NAMED "PhpMyAdmin" You can find this folder at: <c:\xampp>

PS: YOU CAN ACCESS THE ADMIN CONTROL PANEL IF YOU LOGIN LIKE A USER (BUT LOGIN WITH THE USERNAME & PASSWORD YOU DID INPUT. LOOK AT 8.5)

EXAMPLE:

HOW TO SECURE XAMPP:

Code:
Go to: <http://localhost/security>

When you are there you will see a text like this:

=> [url]http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php[/url] <=   [allowed only for localhost]

Enter there.

Now you will see a new page.. Input your password at the MySQL Section.

After you are done click at the valid button.
(Your SQL server is safe now, it cant get hacked by the security folder anymore!)

Code:
Under the MySQL Section will you also see "XAMPP Directory PROTECTION (.htaccess) 
Enter the user and password you want 
(write this down somewhere because you will need this to login to the security page again. 
(This will block peoples to enter the security page - so the peoples with the correct username and password can get into the security page ONLY)

Code:
Now go to (c:\xampp\apache\bin) and open php.ini and search for: safe_mode  = Off
Delete Off and write On there.

Now will your PHP run in a safe mode.
HERE IS IT HOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE:

If you cant install it or so, please feel free to ask your questions on this Thread.

Thank you and enjoy!

+tHANKS If i Helped you )
Thanks
6 Users
Old 12/29/2008, 02:08   #2

Quote:
(PS: If you use MD5 then extract WZ_MD5_MOD.dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn - Run the next code in SQL QUERY ANALYZER using Master database(ONLY IF YOU USE MD5):
Please more infomation about it i dont understood. how to run the code and where...

Quote:
REQUIRED APACHE MODS
How to run the mods please more information.

i have problem with internet explorer. afther i created account i got 2 errors:

1)Account Is Already In Use, Please Choose Another!

2) E-Mail Is Already In Use, Please Choose Another!

i dosnt got these email and account number before i tried many times it gives me the same errors but when i try to login it works!! when i made account in firefox i dont got these errors...

what the problems there? please help me thanks.!!!

sry for english.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/08/2009, 13:59   #3

Thanks
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2009, 13:55   #4

thax

thax
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/03/2009, 19:36   #5

you do not have to use MD5 just ignore it.. its only for websites which need it.. if u use mu webs my =master= just ignore it..
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/26/2009, 10:06   #6

hey i dont have this folder contrib, forbidden, xampp, restirected. can you send it to me?
Old 11/21/2009, 13:00   #7

my page going tp like this e4!][”#u%‚h!A›n—tHie—H’F&=w >~S:'*R&tyb~*:c8uZhœ9׳—Wv۰9 w6g‹ui‚AVw/ —]?7g[N_OJe*‹7weE5IY麾oU[REcs~œpti%’œiˆKr4›:$<<<<<<<<<<<< <what the hell
Old 12/06/2009, 10:04   #8

Hi...lilpubzy

im here now in step #7

i searched this......>> c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini

its says////-----

and.....\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

have question

`* $muweb['db_password'] - SQL access password (the password you did input when you installed your SQL Server)

i will put the password from SQL SERVER?.....

SQL SERVER AND SQLEVAL is the same?

[/COLOR]
Old 01/06/2010, 22:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakish View Post
Hi...lilpubzy

im here now in step #7

i searched this......>> c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini

its says////-----

and.....\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

have question

`* $muweb['db_password'] - SQL access password (the password you did input when you installed your SQL Server)

i will put the password from SQL SERVER?.....

SQL SERVER AND SQLEVAL is the same?

[/COLOR]
man please download this version of xampp this have php.ini ...
Old 04/28/2010, 15:54   #10

how to put name on may website?

like !

muwebs 0.9+xampp
Old 12/31/2010, 14:50   #11

@chakish
You can find php.ini in C:\xampp\php\php.ini
httpd.conf in : C:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf
This tutorial is based on the old 1.5.2 xampp .
You can also delete all the htdocs folder and create another. Default content from it is just for first time secure & usage examples.
Old 06/28/2011, 23:11   #12

Received Thanks: 1,093
yo i knw this is old post but i wana ask...
why even if i enable my zend +mssql
on the install.php it says No for both...
can u help me out here?