Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server > Private Server Advertising
You last visited: Today at 10:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Talisman of War (First Talisman Online P-Server)

Discussion on Talisman of War (First Talisman Online P-Server) within the Private Server Advertising forum part of the Private Server category.

Old 05/06/2010, 13:44   #16

elite*gold: 0
Here the newest news:

Quote:
Dear Players: We are very sorry to notice you, restarting the game will be delay. The specific reason is because our server room do the wrong hard drive format, so we had to re-upload the game client and re-configure the game system. Fortunately, the player's data may not remove! We once again to express my sincere apologies.
Notice:
Specific time of restart the game, please wait for more informed! (We will catch up in the U.S. Eastern Time 3:00 pm 6 MAY)
Sincere you!
TOW team
Old 05/06/2010, 14:10   #17

does it include new maps and raising the lvl cap?
Old 05/07/2010, 09:01   #18

verry cool server i have level 34 in three days and 120 G
Old 05/07/2010, 13:06   #19

If you guys can make exp rate higher because i did rather play the real version since the exp rate is not that high.
Old 05/07/2010, 17:42   #20

is this server working now?
Old 05/08/2010, 10:40   #21

there are some technical problems, sometimes the server restarting cuz overloaded
Old 05/08/2010, 23:45   #22

There are only a handful of reasons to consider playing on a private server of an already free online game like Talisman Online. Naturally, this would lead one to conclude that the problems observed on the original game would be rectified on the private version. Unfortunately, this is not the case with Talisman of War.

The reasons for playing on a private TO (AKA, the original version's problems)

1. Extroardinarily Poor Customer Service
a. GMs and Moderators do not speak English well if at all
b. GMs and Moderators are rarely available
c. GMs and Moderators do not know what is going on
d. GMs and Moderators rarely listen to suggestions
e. Moderators are chosen based on the personal preference of Admins rather than on qualifications and inherent capability

2. Updates are not fully tested before release
Important game altering bugs take 8 months or more to be addressed and resolved

3. Content is limited even when updated (only new items to purchase, or small level upgrades)

Those are the largest problems concerning the original TO, and in order of severity.

How does Talisman of War attempt to bridge the gap? It doesn't. In fact, it has only increased the issues particularly where customer service is concerned. At the original version, at least the GMs and Moderators had the common sense not to publicly chastise and insult their player base. The moderator of Talisman of War speaks limited English, and frequently calls players names and bans forum accounts of anyone who expresses an unflattering opinion of the issues that the server has.

It is understandable that there will be problems during an Open Beta. Everyone expects this. Missing NPCs, quests that don't work right, issues with spawn timing, etc. An Open Beta, however, generally is at least stable enough to permit the players to play in order to find the bugs. TOW has invasive system crashes, roll backs, and deletions on a daily basis (practically an hourly basis).

Every few hours the server either crashes or is "reset", you will find messages of "aquiring server ip address", "login server is busy", or you will get through to the login to find that the server list is empty.

As the original version is clearly capable of hosting well over 1000 individuals per server, so it isn't an issue of game functionality, so much as the server host's ability to allow over 500 individuals. This means that the host that TOW is using to run the server is not able to handle the load. Instead of taking the suggestions of the players, who admit to being willing to donate money so that they can find a dedicated server. The moderator and admin ban the forum accounts and delete the posts. They declare that they are going to create an ADDITIONAL server, and host it on the same host...

If you can't do the math on what this would mean, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Perhaps you'd fit in well with the crew there. Hosting 2 servers on a host that can't even handle 1 server, is defying logic.

Forget about new content, or being able to spend all the lovely tpoints that they offer, when your character is just going to get wiped in a crash, and they will refuse to reinstate it, and call you names if you ask.

If you decide to brave this, despite all of which has just been expressed (you can see the proof of all I say on their forums at bbs.talismanofwar.com), enjoy the 2-4 hour wait to log in as they have created a log in queue which at any point in time has around 400 people waiting (and often disconnects before you ever see a single digit wait). Since there is a limit to the number of people allowed on the server, be aware that the wait will only lessen via someone else disconnecting from the game or the queue.

A private server of TO is a wonderful idea, but it needs proper execution:

A stable server host
An intelligent, capable, patient, and kind staff

Everything else- normal bugs, limited content updates, a little lag .... those are all things that players would be more than happy to deal with for even long periods of time. You can't sacrifice the first two, however, and expect that people are going to stick around for long. The game needs to work for the players to play it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2010, 11:27   #23

I've had a problem when i try to login in have a problem...it look like oringinal and same server log on official not on private what to do?
Old 05/09/2010, 14:00   #24

have you let the client update after installing? If yes that was wrong, u just have to install it, then on desktop appear a "TOW" icon, u have to start this, so you will be linked to the p-server

@ Nicomachean
I am Mod ingame. And believe me, in official TO, the GMs Mods dont know anything. In this server im online whenever i can, so i know a bit whats going on. Of course we are not 24/7 online.
And support.. well we cant support yet much, cuz first we need to run the server without lags. Cause more ppl playing here than we thought.
And well, nobody is forcing u to play. Its ur decision.
Atm its only a fun server cuz of high drops and free tps
Old 05/09/2010, 17:25   #25

Hey can give other link for dw cause i have really bad connection to this site...(2-3kb/s(-: )
Old 05/10/2010, 05:14   #26

this is stupid log in sorry full you are number 106 in list >_> why capp ammount of users that can be on?
Old 05/10/2010, 15:21   #27

i cant download this bcuz its to slow to download
Old 05/10/2010, 15:21   #28

it takes 3day to download how rude
Old 05/11/2010, 16:44   #29

check in section "Newbie Guide"
i have posted there some other download links for the client
Old 05/12/2010, 00:58   #30

well its a private server so these problems usually happen it you really wanna play in this you should bear the consequences if not just play on official server.. it depends on how the player handles the situation cuz most are immature or lets say kids