Hello there. As some (actually, most of you, I think) have seen MU2 local beta test leaked client thread by MeGaMaX (yo men, squirrels ftw !). What I'm going to initiate here is a MU2 server files emulator development. Here is some info on project details:
Programming language, CLR: C#, .NET 4.0, Visual Studio 2010
Database server engine to be used: Most likely - Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, but multiple database servers support (like MySQL, for example) might be implemented in future (if we see a good point for that).
Currently we are searching for reverse engineers and people who knows programming lang/enveronment specified above.
Tasks of reverse engineers (current):
- Doing research on MU2 network protocol
- Doing research on MU2 network packet structures
- Core developers shouldnt see any assembly code - not every good .NET dev knows it. Well, what I mean is that you should give DATA, not some code which might be considered as black magic
by core developers.
- Providing fresh info to core developers about stuff specified above
Tasks for core developers (cu:
- Implementing scaleable server engine. This means code should be fast, understandable for other core development team members. And.. no weird ***** like
if(1 == getReturnResponse())
Well, I hope you got the point
- Communicating with REs, requesting stuff to RE even before it's needed (but seems to be useful soon), so, REs has time to do their work.
Any questions related to project should be posted in this thread. We will try to answer you as fast as we can. Alternatively, you can contact me through skype: viral.leet
(when adding me, please, specify this thread name as invitation message).