Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server > Private Server Advertising
You last visited: Today at 09:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

C++: Open-Source MMORPG Private Server Development

Discussion on C++: Open-Source MMORPG Private Server Development within the Private Server Advertising forum part of the Private Server category.

View Poll Results: What NetDragon Websoft game should I develop for?
Conquer Online 1.0 4 57.14%
Era of Faith (English) 3 42.86%
The Warlords 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
C++: Open-Source MMORPG Private Server Development

Hey there,

I'm a developer from the Conquer Online community. I'm currently working on a C# project for my own Conquer Online private server; however, I feel like I should work more with C++ as well. I'd like to make a new open source for the community, and I'd like to use a game from NetDragon Websoft (since I already have their permission to research with their clients). I currently have a poll in the Conquer Online community about which game I should develop with; however, I feel that it might return biased results (which is why I'm now asking you). What game do you think I should develop for?

Regards,
"Spirited Fang"

PS: Here's more information about the games:
Conquer Online (Currently Active):
The Warlords (Terminated 2012):
Era of Faith (English Development Terminated Unknown):
Old 11/27/2012, 04:15   #2

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
(since I already have their permission to research with their clients)
You're saying you have their client's source?
Old 11/27/2012, 07:01   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiandude212 View Post
You're saying you have their client's source?
I'm saying I have permission to use their clients (since private servers are illegal for that reason), and that's why I'm limited to NetDragon Websoft's clients. Edit: I could get permission from other companies, but my legal document explaining my rights only covers NetDragon at this moment (and has only been reviewed by NetDragon at this time).
Old 12/02/2012, 11:14   #4

Thanks for your responses. Since the games are so similar, I've decided to create a Conquer Online & Era of Faith hybrid server. The switch will be controlled by a source build definition. I'll be hosting the project using a trusted SVN host. You can expect the development thread to be posted to the Co2 Private Servers section. Cheers.

#request close
Old 12/02/2012, 12:09   #5
Administrator

elite*gold: 41364
Received Thanks: 12,624
#closed
Closed Thread