Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion > Private Server - Discussions / Questions > Private Server Advertising
You last visited: Today at 21:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

City of Heroes needs your help, reverse engineers of client, server, etc

Old   #1
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
Exclamation City of Heroes needs your help, reverse engineers of client, server, etc

I'm extending a hand asking for your help. Anyone that might be reading this that knows how to reverse engineer software, servers, gather packets, all that technical stuff that I know nothing about.

Ncsoft is shutting down the game on November 30th and as far as we know are not going to be selling the game. Now some work has already been started as early as 2003 and right now an emulator exists that allows up to character creation and logging into the old tutorial "outbreak". Can't do anything at that point other than login to it.

The folks over at need your help.

I've seen some really crazy hacks and stuff come from people here on elitepvpers so I know the talent is here. You guys really made some seriously insane hacks for planetside that often made it hard to play and enjoy with the number of people running around with the freeze hack. So maybe some of you would like to put your talents to good use. Whether to help us, or the challenge, maybe because you might hate ncsoft and just want to defy them? Whatever motivates you

We really really need some help. A user by the name of
Is the person to contact if you are interested in helping. I believe they hare already made contact with the people that originally developed the currently unfinished server emulator but we need all the help we can get. Please head over there and send a private message to or post somewhere in the forum section.

Old   #2
elite*gold: 150
The Black Market: 20/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,893
It will be needed a huge group of people to be able to accomplish such a task in so few time, two months to get everything sorted out, when -as you stated- people were trying since 2003; wish those guys good luck with it, hopefully they will be able to do such a thing -leaving aside the consequences of this in the future- but for accomplishing this, as I stated, a decent amount of people will be needed if the advancement on such a project has been so slow so far
Old   #3
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 9/0/1
Any word on this?