Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

You last visited: Today at 21:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Hellgate London Server Emu

Old   #1
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 0/0/0
Hellgate London Server Emu

Does anyone know of one that's being developed?

Flagship studios has closed and the official close of the game is marked for January of 09 if I remember correctly.

The game is fun and has potential. Hanbitsoft (the company which now owns the IP rights to the game) will probably keep a Korean version of the game running in the EU, perhaps even an english one, but they will be closing the USA servers (yes, this is quite predictable given how shady Hanbit soft is and by noting they are Korean :|.. Korean game dev studios are the most corrupt things on this planet).

Heirgo, it might be worth the time/effort spent logging packets and reversing the protocol now so that if no emu is developed now, that later one can be. I have discussed with quite a few people and many agree that if not for a large MMO private server, but only a LAN version of the game (with increased rates etc, so you can quickly run through the game and get decent items with friends) would be amazing, especially the dueling.

I don't have the time necessary at the moment to do any kind of packet logging on this game and I realize it's not free to play, but I do have an account someone can use if they feel up to it. I'll help (or have friends help) with the reversing of the encryption and such, but logging packets should be straightforward.

1 User
Old   #2
I was on hellgate several times asking if anyne was gonna work on a private server. Too late now. No one wanted to listen. Good game screwed like Earth and Beyond. oops did i mention Another game EA had somthing to do with.HMMM what a coincidence.Anyway how do you people know EA didnt order the Shutdown like they did with Earth and Beyond.
1 User
Old   #3
EA did not shut down the server, it was costing to much money for them and someone else wanted to buy the game our from them so they let them have it. And jM3 is right, they are going to keep an Korean server up. But I dont think that you will be able to log packets for it but you can give it a try.
1 User