elitepvpers

elitepvpers (https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/)
-   Gaming News - EN (https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/gaming-news-en/)
-   -   SOPA 2.0 (https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/gaming-news-en/1810328-sopa-2-0-a.html)

Vaidas B 04/06/2012 18:58

SOPA 2.0

1 Attachment(s)
Hello elitepvpers! I guess it's that time of the month when the US congress tries to ruin the Internet. As you all know, the Internet has successfully fought off SOPA, PIPA, ACTA and everything else that they have thrown at us. Well, we have just found out the that the Obama administration is voicing it's support for SOPA.
It seems that the biggest online protest did not make them realize this it is never going to work. We have to stand once more, and defend what has become one of our basic freedoms.
Please take your time and sign this petition. If it reaches the goal of 150,001 votes, it will go straight to the US government - that will be our way to fight.

http://a.fightforthefuture.org/sign/obama-sopa/

Make your voice heard.

Thank you for your time.

[GM]DeathAngel 04/06/2012 20:20

They'll never learn...

XxFearReaperXx 04/07/2012 14:38

No, they never will learn. I for one can not wait until Obama is out of Office.
He has done nothing for the economy, let alone for the relations of other countries. All he has done so far is spend the american tax payers money for family vacations and screw around in the white house now for almost 4 years.
Yay we have the first black president, but i doubt we'll want another one with the way he acted in the white house.
Enough with Obama Raving Though, It hurts Epvp as a community because we've lost most of our work that we've uploaded to sites awhile ago. So as we are mostly back to square one with most of our work, as we all used megaupload or other various uploading sites which were shut down. Personally i think we should all link this page and the Voting page to our social networking sites and maybe signatures as to mass this out more effectively.
Any one agree?

d3athnote 04/07/2012 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheConArtist (Post 16064688)
Hello elitepvpers! I guess it's that time of the month when the US congress tries to ruin the Internet. As you all know, the Internet has successfully fought off SOPA, PIPA, ACTA and everything else that they have thrown at us. Well, we have just found out the that the Obama administration is voicing it's support for SOPA.
It seems that the biggest online protest did not make them realize this it is never going to work. We have to stand once more, and defend what has become one of our basic freedoms.
Please take your time and sign this petition. If it reaches the goal of 150,001 votes, it will go straight to the US government - that will be our way to fight.

Fight for the Future | Obama's SOPA 2012

Make your voice heard.

Thank you for your time.

sigh.

Nitenage 04/07/2012 19:01

<- voted

Pharsalus 04/07/2012 20:28

<-- voted ;D

サソリ 04/07/2012 20:42

I find this stupid. Why do they even bother.
Next thing you know.. SOPA 3.0

modernrebel 04/08/2012 07:24

Shared with my Facebook Community.

XxBabelxX 04/08/2012 21:12

<-- VOTED|| FUCK SOPA PIPA AND ACTA

Nitenage 04/09/2012 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxBabelxX (Post 16104905)
<-- VOTED|| FUCK SOPA PIPA AND ACTA

obama*

Vaidas B 04/09/2012 14:43

No swearing or flaming please. Also, the petition is growing steadily, that's pretty cool.

ZzEndayZz 04/09/2012 14:53

lmao "sopa" means dumbass in swedish :D

Voted ;)

FoxRayz 04/09/2012 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxFearReaperXx (Post 16078310)
No, they never will learn. I for one can not wait until Obama is out of Office.
He has done nothing for the economy, let alone for the relations of other countries. All he has done so far is spend the american tax payers money for family vacations and screw around in the white house now for almost 4 years.
Yay we have the first black president, but i doubt we'll want another one with the way he acted in the white house.
Enough with Obama Raving Though, It hurts Epvp as a community because we've lost most of our work that we've uploaded to sites awhile ago. So as we are mostly back to square one with most of our work, as we all used megaupload or other various uploading sites which were shut down. Personally i think we should all link this page and the Voting page to our social networking sites and maybe signatures as to mass this out more effectively.
Any one agree?

Raving around? Well are you aware of the situation with the US? Do you even know that the US is feeding themselves on borrowed money? Look at their national debt it's raising from day by day. They are living over their own limits. Obama after all have done much more than a stupid republican would ever do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZzEndayZz (Post 16116661)
lmao "sopa" means dumbass in swedish :D

Voted ;)

Sopa in swedish means cleaning or "stupid" .

And just a question to all of you in here, do you even know what SOPA means? Or is it just the: OMGGGGG IF SOPA COME I CANT DOWNLOAD GAME ANYMOREEEE DERPDERPDERP

Ofc you can, there's always backdoors for it. But if you think of it, is it really the right thing to do? You would never steal a car for example but you can steal a game. It's basically the same thing.

We are all born brave, trusting and greedy, and most of us remain greedy. - Mignon McLaughlin

It's a sad thing though

Xemnas' 04/09/2012 18:53

<--voted

サソリ 04/09/2012 19:57

This is war, but on the internet. Nobody dies, except the feelings of millions of people