Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Perfect World
You last visited: Today at 15:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help]Color of werefox tail

Discussion on [Help]Color of werefox tail within the Perfect World forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help]Color of werefox tail

recently i've saw a werefox wif blue tail and it's soo cool!
i've tried many ways to change the color of my werefox tail but none of them are working...
so is there anyway to change the color of the werefox's tail?
like change it into blue, black etc etc...

helps are much appreciated...
Old 04/05/2008, 09:35   #2

it may be a bug try making a werefox with a very dark skin like purple or something i believe that when you try to veiw your char from a distance it will change colour...

uhm can you post a screen shot here?? maybe it would give us ideas on how to do it..

and also what are the methods you've tried?? im curious.
Old 04/18/2008, 18:37   #3

Wink Blue Tail

I have also seen the werefox in question and wondered how it was done. And i managed to get a screenshot

Old 04/22/2008, 00:05   #4

I figured out how they did it, they used a modified character ini file. I'll go more into detail after i get the exact names down. :P yay for black tail. Thier color sceme is wierd so it will be a bit before i can get blue. I did manage to get green though.

edit: :P i think im starting to understand a little more. This is an image of my character.

Old 04/22/2008, 13:40   #5

i'm waiting for you to share us how you did it ^_^
Old 04/22/2008, 15:19   #6

Im not at home atm so i cant get into super detail, ill edit the post or add new reply when i am, but its a glitch with body type 4. There is a fixed body color so the tinct option in game only colors the face and the tail, for some reason it considers the tail part of the body color. When you mess with the tinct it effect both the body and face. All this ini edit does is color the body only,which effects the tail only, which results in the colored tail. The only thing im not getting is the numbers they use to color it. They don't use a RGB hex color format, they use a single number and based on this number you get different colors. So far negatives result in the red and yellow spectrum and positives result in the green and blue spectrum. If i remember right i used 99999 for the green color i have now. :P i should make a new character and give them a skin color of green.

This edit can also lead to asymetric faces. :P my character currently has one eyebrow always lifted. You can also go past the slider limit to an extent but unfortunatly it reverts to its highest normal value on any slight character change. I should post a picture of my temporary stick figure later.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/22/2008, 16:25   #7

thanks a lot.i'll try.
Old 04/22/2008, 19:24   #8

You have to hit the save button in the character creation and that makes the ini file you edit. Still not at home so im going off the top of my head on this one buts it location is in the userdata\characters\custom. You will see lots of folders with number, these are the different classes and genders. If i remember right its in one of the fifty folders. Should be easy to spot the wearfox if you didnt save the body type of any character yet. Personally i like being able to rename the ini so it shows up as that name ingame. The body color and body type data is at the very bottom. If you want an easy way to get a color try making the hair a good blue color before you save and just copy the hair color number. :P And like i said, i will put more detailed stuff one i get home and can actually get the paths and what not.

Apparently a few of the sliders have values between 110 and 145. :P I'll also post pics.
Old 04/23/2008, 12:22   #9

nice find there.i got a wf that have stick hands and legs only if i know this earlier.
Old 04/30/2008, 21:44   #10

-.- sry newb here, pwease explain in detail for tail color thankx

Only works with big fat tail ><

nvm.. i kinda got it.. just didnt go back and click on the saved thingy..
Old 06/16/2008, 09:19   #11

so any1 can post the tutorial abt changing the tail skin here? plz... really need it...
Old 06/16/2008, 10:50   #12

colorBody = 344545 - blue

I made a superfat / super thin character!!!
Old 06/16/2008, 11:50   #13

- - a tutorial + color will be appreciable...

coz i've tried editing the ini file... but cant make it...
Old 06/16/2008, 12:50   #14

Exclamation

Well you wanted a tutorial here it is...

First do you want a Colour tail on a new or current Char?

Then you do this for both.

Set your client to window mode as this will allow for easier access and change.

Then you go as if you a making a new character.
Make the new character a Werefox then click the Personalize button.

Choose Model Female Werefox 02 Then go edit the features you want from it.
To gather the tail colour you can use two methods. Trail and Error or by using a template from the hair. I will explain both.

Once Done editing all the other features except the tail colour click on the Handy Tab and then Save Setting.

What should appear is a model with a date base.
eg. 2008_6_16_20_36_7 showing Year,month day and time.

Now to Edit the ini.

Go to where PW is stored and look for this directory
Perfect World\element\userdata\character\customize\31
in there you will find an ini matching the one you see in the element client.

The Value you must edit is found in the [Body] section of the ini right at the bottom.
The value that must be changed is "colorBody"

With The Trial and Error you can test general colours with random numbers.
a basic guide is
0 = black
> 0 goes from blues --> greens though eventually it goes to oranges and browns.
< 0 covers yellows, oranges, reds and so forth but can also eventually make green if far enough back.

2654 is a darkblue while -2654 is a pale yellow.

This method may take a while to master.

The other is to colour another item of the body like hair to the colour you want then merely placing that value into the tag. This is faster and easier but you may have to fine tune colours by changing the value of the bodycolour. I have found that for some you may have to modify a range of 10others range of 1000s.

to check the tail merely save the ini then look back at the model on the client by choosing another then clicking back to the dated one.

TO add to New acc just press Confirm. Whereas to add to old you cancel then you open your account having a normal scroll. Look for the dated model and then confirm.

It is that simple.

Please note White will not work on Tails.

I will update this making it better, maybe even screenshots when time permits.
Until then thanks for putting up with me.

I also reckon i deserve a cookie ;P
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/16/2008, 16:53   #15

Nooo, Vodish. :x The secret must stay a secret!