Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Off Topic
You last visited: Today at 22:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why is it wrong?

Discussion on Why is it wrong? within the Off Topic forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Why is it wrong?

Here's a question, I'm not insane. I'm not physcho. This is a question for normal people, so crazy *** phychos aren't allowed to post anything on this thread.

The question is complex, takes knowledge in Biology and Chemistry. The question is this.
Why is it wrong for humans to kill other humans? We are the only species, in the whole biosphere where it is wrong to kill one of your own species. There ARE species who choose not to kill their own species, but there aren't alot. What i'm asking is why? Why is it like that?
Now right now you are probably thinking i'm nuts. But i'm not! I have a conscience that tells me, and makes me know that it is wrong. My question is why? Is it Evolution? ***? Please post your answers, and if things get out of hand I will contact the administrator and ask him to remove this thread.

Why is it that we have a conscience that other species don't have? Is it the way our species raise each other? Is it because we have authority figures that will stop us? WHY?!

If someone could translate this into German, that would be great!
Old 01/25/2011, 02:25   #2

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
It's not like we are not able to kill each other. In fact thousands of people get killed/murdered by other humans every minute and many of them don't feel that it's wrong. The main part of us doesn't kill because of education by parents and other role-models like teachers and because of fearing the consequences executed by the state you live in. Why we get educated like that? Because we are social animals and can survive way better than when going solo. That's in the genes.
Old 01/25/2011, 02:48   #3

I'm not saying that people dont do it. i'm saying why do you find it morally and ethically wrong?

EDIT: sorry clicked before iwas finished.
When did it start? Were we always like this? Did we ALWAYS think it was wrong? I mean, gladiators used to kill each other for the entertainment of the king.

I'm just curious, you know? It's not like I wanna kill someone.
Old 01/25/2011, 02:49   #4

Of course there has been some evolution throughout the stadiums but as soon as we became primates, we became social and thought teamplay is cool.

Btw I won't even start to argue in a religious way. I'm not religious and don't believe that *** made humans as described in the bible. You can start with that but I'll ignore it since it's useless to me and I don't want to offend the religious guys here.
Old 01/25/2011, 02:50   #5

Yeah, i know i clicked submit before i finished, my bad.
Old 01/25/2011, 03:58   #6

Very interesting thread and question, well I am not religious either but as to Christianity.. it says "***" gave us our lives so it is inalienable because that makes no man qualified/allowed to take it away. However, I don't believe such "***" made us, I think we see it wrong because it is the way we're grown up and it is the way you're taught from your parents and others. If from little you were taught to kill and hunt humans then that's what you would do best Then again, in my opinion, what is moral is often what most people agree is "moral". If most of us were sociopaths then murder would not be morally wrong. It's just how I see it, it's a difficult question to explain.
Old 01/25/2011, 21:22   #7

Sociopaths, that brings me to another conversation. THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE! I'm highly against terrorism (against my country, let the others fend for themselves) We describe terrorists who cause terror to people. As in Al Qaeda, who took responsibility for 9/11. To us, they are terrorists. But in all reality, they probably believe they aren't terrorists, and in fact the UN are terrorists. Cause in their eyes, aren't we the ones who are terrorizing them? We see it as self-defense, or retaliation. Which to me is alrght, idc. I'm against them too, but i'm also American.

Which brings me to Sociopath, crazy people, and psychotic minded people. To us, they are not normal. But to them, are we the ones not normal?

Now back to the topic:
I'm a strong believer in Evolution. but I still feel like I fear, "***", cause of the way I'ved been raised to think/know that he is the almighty power and higher being. So, what you guys are saying is, is that if a child was born and raised to believe killing is the RIGHT thing to do, then the kid would grow up killing people? Or would he still have that conscious feeling that it was? And would he be insane? Or just mislead?
Old 01/26/2011, 01:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DePredaTe View Post
Sociopaths, that brings me to another conversation. THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE! I'm highly against terrorism (against my country, let the others fend for themselves) We describe terrorists who cause terror to people. As in Al Qaeda, who took responsibility for 9/11. To us, they are terrorists. But in all reality, they probably believe they aren't terrorists, and in fact the UN are terrorists. Cause in their eyes, aren't we the ones who are terrorizing them? We see it as self-defense, or retaliation. Which to me is alrght, idc. I'm against them too, but i'm also American.

Which brings me to Sociopath, crazy people, and psychotic minded people. To us, they are not normal. But to them, are we the ones not normal?

Now back to the topic:
I'm a strong believer in Evolution. but I still feel like I fear, "***", cause of the way I'ved been raised to think/know that he is the almighty power and higher being. So, what you guys are saying is, is that if a child was born and raised to believe killing is the RIGHT thing to do, then the kid would grow up killing people? Or would he still have that conscious feeling that it was? And would he be insane? Or just mislead?
Of course if you teach a kid that killing is always positive, it will go and kill people. I'm sure you know how badly educated kids behave. Stealing isn't good in most people's opinion but there are parents who just steal for whatever reason and the kids will just imitate them. Same with killing. Of course that's only theoretical and there are many conditions.
Old 01/26/2011, 03:21   #9

hm, just a thought that popped into my head. I hope no one here actually tries it