Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > .NET Languages
You last visited: Today at 14:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help]-C#-64Bit-Load and Display .DDS Image

Discussion on [Help]-C#-64Bit-Load and Display .DDS Image within the .NET Languages forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
[Help]-C#-64Bit-Load and Display .DDS Image

Hi guys,

You might not know me too well here as I spend like 90% of my time here in EOPserver section. I am trying to make a map editor for EO but I have hit a wall (a big one at that).
The problem is not being able to load .DDS format. I have tried using the following libraries/plugins.

GDImage
FreeImage
DevIL

Neither work with 64bit OS. I was curious if anyone knows of a simple to use method somewhere I can use for this. I only wish to display the DDS not save nor edit it.

Important Notes:
Vista Ultimate 64bit
Visual Studio 2008 Express
.Net 3.5

Any help is appreciated.
Old 05/09/2013, 04:47   #2

elite*gold: 0
you might wanna try to this image app, it perfectly. hope it helps.
Old 06/09/2013, 20:05   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redimage View Post
you might wanna try to this image app, it perfectly. hope it helps.
Thank you but due to how old this is, I've much more experience these days, and had incorporated XNA into win forms to allow what I was after (not just purely loading DDS)
Old 06/09/2013, 22:07   #4

elite*gold: 0
Tried the XNA native method yet ?
Old 06/10/2013, 07:45   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissein View Post
Tried the XNA native method yet ?
Seriously? Did you even read what was just said?
Old 06/10/2013, 12:02   #6

elite*gold: 5
You can set your Project to 32-Bit Mode.
So you can use the 32 Bit Methods that you have.

On Express it's not that's easy, but it works.

If you need help to set your Project to 32Bit contact me.
Old 06/10/2013, 19:37   #7

elite*gold: 37
how about using devil x64 version??

but if you only wish do display the image, then install a codec pack which contains a dds codec, then you can load the image with System.Windows.Media.Imaging library
Old 06/29/2013, 13:10   #8

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 4,910
You won't find a DDS codec pack anywhere. DDS is a proprietary format from Microsoft. You probably have two options right now. First is go and check out the SDK from NVidia which if I remember correctly can read DDS files and has a .NET library. Your second option is using DirectX and one of the many managed DirectX wrapper libraries for .NET considering a DDS is a DirectDraw Surface file. I've had good experiences with the tiny SlimDX library.

A quick google also turned up this: . Depending what file format it is, it may help you.

If you need any more help, I'll be back around in a day and can post some code from one of my projects.

-jD