Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > .NET Languages
You last visited: Today at 16:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[?] suggestions for the packet structure

Discussion on [?] suggestions for the packet structure within the .NET Languages forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 32
[?] suggestions for the packet structure

Hi all!

I'm here asking you all suggestions that you have for the packet structure of the commands between my game server and the client..

And which language do you think is the best for the client of a browser game? I'm considerating the Flash..

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Aaron
Old 07/30/2015, 09:52   #2

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ21 View Post
I'm considerating the Flash..
Please no flash... then better use Unity either the WebPlayer or the new natively supported WebGL.

Flash is dead ^^
Old 07/30/2015, 12:28   #3

elite*gold: 100
a Protocol is designed according to the needs your project has. Without more informations, noone will be able to realy help you.
Old 08/03/2015, 12:46   #4

elite*gold: 67
Here's what works for me:

2 bytes (int16) Packet Size
2 bytes (int16) Packet Id
then fill it with your values.

Tags
client, packets, server, tcp

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Packet Structure
02/24/2013 - SRO Coding Corner - 5 Replies
Hi all :) , i need help to get the good structure for any packet from SRO_Client.exe with ollydbg , i don't know how to use it , and thxs
little help with packet structure and inspiration
09/11/2012 - CO2 Programming - 9 Replies
edit : okay now forget what i've said been hrs looking for this stuff but still at some point so damn confused now i got a working proxy , i got packet structure for entity spawn and for attacking packet and i can simply do something like ummm here while(hunting) get monsters x,y from packet 10014 send 1022 packet to the server with action kill the monster , right ? and incase i want to update the client i send the server reply to the client , right ? is that right ? i don't think so...
[Request] Packet Structure for CharData Packet
05/16/2011 - Silkroad Online - 4 Replies
can someone tell me which structure the CharData packet has? i would really appreciate this, since im still noob in such things. its just too high for me/ too much information for my head. :handsdown: S->C(3013)...
packet structure
03/09/2008 - Conquer Online 2 - 16 Replies
For what I'd like to do, I think packets are the place to start. After that, probably java then C and VB. This is a question for the people here who are self-taught... what resources would you recommend for... 1. understanding packet structure 2. learning some programming language without enrolling at the local university I'm mainly interested in packet structure and how to capture/decipher/edit/send them, and eventually I'd like to "automate" these functions by writing some programs. ...