Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 07:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[NFSWOffline 1.9] Noob Questions - How to edit or modify things

Discussion on [NFSWOffline 1.9] Noob Questions - How to edit or modify things within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[NFSWOffline] Noob Questions - How to edit or modify things

Ok i have recently returned and discovered that NFSW is playable again(offline)
I downloaded and installed the one that Fabx24 posted in this topic then i came across the updated one and installed it. i shared in same post.
I have been playing but i would like to learn if possible how to edit a few things(Im a total NOOB be warned LOL) or are there Mods that can do these things

#1- How can i reset or edit SOME achievements,the ones that are obtainable from single player etc so i can redo them myself(dont think this is possible at this stage)

#2- Edit the tracks so the distance of the track is displayed in the popup when u click on a race icon(not sure its possible)

[update:FIXED cops are now showing]#3- Add police cars to free roam(maybe theyre there and i just havent seen them yet,i dunno but id like to see some on the road when im cruising around

[update:FIXEDpowerups]#4- Edit Powerups, how many nitrous,slingshots etc you have without having to race and race until your lucky enough to win some

#5- How are droprates from races controlled.I noticed that when a driver whos level9 wins race and levels up,it drops a car everytime,so was curious how the droprate was calculated or the file can be found and changed

Any ideas on how these things can be done would be appreciated.
Sorry if any of this seems silly/stupid etc but like i said im a noob and have absolutely no idea how these things are done
----------------------------

no response from anyone. Whats happened to this forum.
Whats the point to all this if the community doesnt support each other.
Old school players like myself might as well give up.
Cheers it was fun while it lasted again
PEACE
Old 01/08/2017, 22:00   #2

Thank you
Old 01/08/2017, 23:26   #3

@ I'm not an expert just an averrage user, however the close of NFSW is making us learn much more about that game, surely there are others much better to explain ur questions but I'm going to try my best and I hope that someone with more knowledge about the game gets help u even more than I can do, so let's go.

1. In the server folder engine.svc there is another folder called achievements and has 2 files inside, maybe u can find something right here to get change the settings about that.

2. If u only want edit the window displayed for any event showing the distance maybe can be done if u add something in the files inside the folder events, in engine.svc/matchmaking/launchevent or in the folder of the game data/GLOBAL/gc.vaults. I guess that it can take a long time add all this.

3. To get cops in freeroam just take a look to that post u will find that and more in the google drive link. In my opinion should be interesting set any label in the server editor to pick if we want high mid low or no traffic in races and free roam as well, normal traffic cars, cops or real traffic with some tuned cars or even from the car dealer or from ur own car slots. I'm trying that tunned traffic but that's bugged I think. If u have to install any mod by nfscfg do it with that tool: NFS-VltEd 2.1 there are other new versions but I don't know if are working well or not in NFSW. Anyway, don't install a nfscfg file and replace any file after that, if u have to install some mod overwriting files do it at first, and at the end install the nfscfg files, if u install any nfscfg and after that u overwrite any file could get corrupt the game and give errors and crashes and don't change the same file lot of times cause u only will get the last mod that u was overwriting and maybe corrupted too.

4. To edit how many powerups u want there is a file called objects.xml in the folder of the server engine.svc/personas/100, 200 or 300 driver, so maybe can be done right there, anyway the old server editors had a label to edit how many powerups we want, should be nice if they bring back that label to the next servers offline.

5. About the drop rates there is a new label in the last offline servers to set that but it gives an error I think if u want to edit and save any change, there is a file called server Settings in the folder of the server engine.svc/serverSettings and maybe u can try to edit something there, I don't know.

U should do backups of a clean server and game data working properly before to edit anything.
Surely if u read all that, u can have a first idea about what and how do any change in that game. In the same way, I would like the opinion about my opinion in the points 3 and 4 from any admin of the NFSW forum or from a thinking head in the development of the game like @ or @ cause my ideas are focused to make more fun the offline server and it gets the game looks like not so dead and poor in options for the player experience like it was before just with a few more options and maybe someday these things can be applied for the online server as well.

See u soon bro!
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/08/2017, 23:49   #4

thank you Kalebellota for your reply it gives me a little bit more knowledge about things and now i have a "Starting point" to try begin editing and playing with files.
Thank you very much,i appreciate your feedback & info :-)
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2017, 01:13   #5

Im still trying to figure things out but at the moment its them achievements i was hoping to reset and work so they are achievable again but i think the task is a little beyond my knowledge of how to do these things.
ive tried searching forums for any answers but the stupid search thing always has "no results",ive read and read pages of stuff but its hard to narrow what posts are in regards to resetting achievements or anything for that matter when stupid search wont work for me.
Hopefully i will come across the info by pure luck LMAO
Old 01/16/2017, 08:47   #6

i have installed the cops and real cars mod into my game and it works BUT now im on a mission to find out how to make it so cars from the car dealer will show in freeroam but im not sure what parts of that attributes file im supposed to be looking at because its one huge mess.not easy task for a noob with no idea.
Anyone got any tips or advice that can help me narrow down what im supposed to be trying to find.
thanks inadvance