Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 07:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFS: World BETA Server XML discussion

Discussion on NFS: World BETA Server XML discussion within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post NFS: World BETA Server XML discussion

Alright, everybody.

This thread is for discussing the XML structures that the beta version of the game expects in order to work properly... also known as the "xmls" by some people.

Before I can say that the beta server is ready, some more data is needed to get stuff working properly. (e.g. the car dealer; while you can buy a car, you don't know what car you're looking at.)

**Right now, my top priority is the car dealer ("Purchase Cars" after you create a persona) - if anyone can find logs from 2010, those would be much appreciated, as I need to know how to get the game to render models and display statistics and all that, but only in the car dealer. Outside of that doesn't matter as much.**

So that's why I'm going to show you guys how to get some of the data we need. Please note, it requires compiling a C++ program, but it's really not that hard if you have VS2015 installed with the Visual C++ stuff (or whatever it's called). I can provide a pre-built one if anyone needs it.

Since the creation of the game, I'm assuming, there has been a magical file that lays within the Data folder. It's called NFSWO_COMMUNICATION_LOG.txt. I'm guessing that it was left there for debugging purposes, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to be used in the production version of the game. Anyway, the game happens to log info about requests and responses in this file; it's encrypted though, and that's where the tool comes in.

The tool in question can be found here: (Please note, I didn't make this.)

Once you have the tool compiled, you'll want to copy the communication log file into the folder that the compiled tool is in. Then run:

Code:
exe_name_and_extension_here /d name_of_log_here
Example:
Code:
decrypt.exe /d NFSWO_COMMUNICATION_LOG.txt
A new file should be created, and in that file you'll see the decrypted requests and responses. Afterwards, upload the file somewhere and post the link.

@ has uploaded a package with a modified .jar and the XML files I gave him here: , so you can get the server set up with that. PLEASE NOTE that some information is currently hardcoded, such as the persona name/level. My .jar will change that, but for now I just care about getting stuff to work.

I am excited for this, and I hope we can make this work!

P.S. my .jar is coming soon™
Thanks
7 Users
Old 01/06/2017, 05:44   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorblx View Post
So that's why I'm going to show you guys how to get some of the data we need. Please note, it requires compiling a C++ program, but it's really not that hard if you have VS2015 installed with the Visual C++ stuff (or whatever it's called). I can provide a pre-built one if anyone needs it.

Since the creation of the game, I'm assuming, there has been a magical file that lays within the Data folder. It's called NFSWO_COMMUNICATION_LOG.txt. I'm guessing that it was left there for debugging purposes, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to be used in the production version of the game. Anyway, the game happens to log info about requests and responses in this file; it's encrypted though, and that's where the tool comes in.

MSVC (Microsoft Visual C++) compiler. Also, if you're compiling it for the same computer, no flags seems to be needed during the compilation. (As compiling it with the recommended flags just causes it to not work)

Not sure how compatible it is with other C++ compilers (like Borland, or GNU)

Essentially the computer runs on the compiled binary code.
Think of it as the computer eating baked food instead what is available before baking it.
(You also don't even need Visual Studio, just plug in any IDE to the compiler, or grab static compilers, and do it on the command line)

Also, just a heads up, as it's more of a security/privacy thing..
Since I did decrypt some of my earlier comm logs as part of reading through as much of the resource files as possible. (I got partial tpk support...)

The communication logs encrypts the password (And email) along with the rest of the xml text, so if you do attach it... well, I'd suggest you to remove the password on the decompiled xml log, or change your account password if you use the same password anywhere.

Thankfully, release builds actually left the password field blank, and yes, if I recall (by lurking on the EA forums), they did rely on communication log file, along with the crash dumps.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/06/2017, 09:17   #3

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
MSVC (Microsoft Visual C++) compiler. Also, if you're compiling it for the same computer, no flags seems to be needed during the compilation. (As compiling it with the recommended flags just causes it to not work)

Not sure how compatible it is with other C++ compilers (like Borland, or GNU)
minGW works, so GNU is OK.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/06/2017, 10:31   #4

elite*gold: 198
Old Borland 32-bit compiler wont work. (BCC32)
Newest Borland 32-bit and any version of Borland 64-bit compiler will work as they are Clang Based. Not that you should use them tho...
Old 01/06/2017, 12:37   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
...Since I did decrypt some of my earlier comm logs...
What year are those logs from? Do you still have them?
Old 01/06/2017, 14:05   #6

i founded this communication log with some communications Just download it and decrypt it. Scroll down and click Pobizer, after that click Pobizer again with the 393Kb. It gonna download it. (This is the one i gave to leo for making freeroam avaible and a car detectable for getting driver, maybe can help).

Old 01/06/2017, 15:33   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabx24 View Post
i founded this communication log with some communications Just download it and decrypt it. Scroll down and click Pobizer, after that click Pobizer again with the 393Kb. It gonna download it. (This is the one i gave to leo for making freeroam avaible and a car detectable for getting driver, maybe can help).

I got these out of it:

HTML Code:
//Scirocco
<CustomCarTrans xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/EA.NFSWO.ENGINE.DataLayer.Serialization" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
	<BaseCar>-90545772</BaseCar>
	<Durability>100</Durability>
	<ExpirationDate i:nil="true"/>
	<Heat>1</Heat>
	<Id>999999</Id>
	<IsPreset>false</IsPreset>
	<Level>0</Level>
	<Name/>
	<OwnershipType>CustomizedCar</OwnershipType>
	<Paints/>
	<PerformanceParts/>
	<PhysicsProfile>
		<AttribHash>-1965895939</AttribHash>
		<Tier>1</Tier>
	</PhysicsProfile>
	<ResalePrice>0</ResalePrice>
	<RideHeightDrop>0</RideHeightDrop>
	<SerialNumber>1</SerialNumber>
	<Version>0</Version>
	<Vinyls/>
	<VisualParts/>
</CustomCarTrans>
HTML Code:
//Silvia S15
<CustomCarTrans xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/EA.NFSWO.ENGINE.DataLayer.Serialization" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
	<BaseCar>-951615808</BaseCar>
	<Durability>100</Durability>
	<ExpirationDate i:nil="true"/>
	<Heat>1</Heat>
	<Id>999999</Id>
	<IsPreset>false</IsPreset>
	<Level>0</Level>
	<Name/>
	<OwnershipType>CustomizedCar</OwnershipType>
	<Paints/>
	<PerformanceParts/>
	<PhysicsProfile>
		<AttribHash>-591225061</AttribHash>
		<Tier>1</Tier>
	</PhysicsProfile>
	<ResalePrice>0</ResalePrice>
	<RideHeightDrop>0</RideHeightDrop>
	<SerialNumber>1</SerialNumber>
	<Version>0</Version>
	<Vinyls/>
	<VisualParts/>
</CustomCarTrans>
Will try to find where the game compares the AttribHash to get all the cars.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 01/06/2017, 21:01   #8

@ i found this communication log from 2010 on the internet. maybe you can use it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar NFSWO_COMMUNICATION_LOG.rar (34.8 KB, 22 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/06/2017, 21:12   #9

@ Thank you SO MUCH. That's exactly what I need.

EDIT: ahh come on still unlocalized string, this is getting annoying
Old 01/08/2017, 12:48   #10

lol, game still uses jenkins , I'll upload every hash for the cars in a moment. Here you all go:

--
Also is still up, it has LZMA compressed files I didn't check.

->

-> sectionXXX.dat
Thanks
6 Users
Old 01/08/2017, 13:12   #11

Nice! Thanks a ton

Would you mind telling me where I should put the hashes? (Are they product hashes?)
Old 01/08/2017, 13:18   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorblx View Post
Nice! Thanks a ton

Would you mind telling me where I should put the hashes? (Are they product hashes?)
Sadly, they are not the ProductHashes. Game doesn't have a commerce.bin so I'm confused as to how it would even understand ProductHash entries.

These are the PhyicsProfileHash values, they can be used in carslots, mydefaultcar etc.
HTML Code:
<PhysicsProfile>
	<AttribHash><!-- Put the decimal values here --></AttribHash>
	<Tier>1</Tier>
</PhysicsProfile>
For example, if you want the lancerevo9 it should look like this:
HTML Code:
<PhysicsProfile>
	<AttribHash>2101449805</AttribHash>
	<Tier>1</Tier>
</PhysicsProfile>
Old 01/08/2017, 13:30   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
Sadly, they are not the ProductHashes. Game doesn't have a commerce.bin so I'm confused as to how it would even understand ProductHash entries.
That's strange. Maybe they used a different file for hashes?
Old 01/08/2017, 14:47   #14

i am really disapointed because there is no real bmw m3 gtr even no the bodykit for bmw m3 gtr i cannont believe this ****
ps berkay thanks for codes
Old 01/14/2017, 23:33   #15

Alright, I still haven't been able to figure out the hashes for the car products (Not the cars themselves, but the products.) I'm 99% sure I have valid catalog data, but at this point I just don't know what's going on.

Style shows up, probably because the game recognizes ProductTitle or Description, currency stuff works (rentals, cash, etc), but nothing else does. Still looking for help on this one, at this point, this stumps me.