Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 03:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SoapBox standalone installer 1.0.0

Discussion on SoapBox standalone installer 1.0.0 within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 06/14/2016, 22:52   #31

elite*gold: 0

200mhz diff only processors.

Gpuboss site to compare the vgas.

We have a HUGE sync problem between pcs. Nobody have the skills to fix it at this moment.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/15/2016, 10:14   #32

But this problem is happened when EA have the server? I mean EA have a big powerful server and when we connect in that server there is no sync problems. i don't know if that server takes only information about our profiles or support the game in the excactly moment when we play.
Old 06/15/2016, 12:20   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabx24 View Post
But this problem is happened when EA have the server?
No.

EA have all game source, lots of high skills devs, and money. They know what to do.

We are hacking and reversal engineering in the dark, and just have a lot of kids crying in a forum without network/dev/hacking skills.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/15/2016, 18:54   #34

It's a horrible situation... I hope the staff find a solution in the project. Keep up the good work
Old 06/15/2016, 20:38   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabx24 View Post
It's a horrible situation... I hope the staff find a solution in the project. Keep up the good work
tbh it's probably going to be really hard to make a 100% working server, with free-roam and everything. with time, it CAN be done, but it's incredibly difficult.

The reason why? EA can't just tell us how the game worked and give us the source code and stuff. You know why? Because they would be effectively giving up their trademark for NFS:W. I'm no lawyer, but I do know that companies are required to assert their ownership of something in order to keep the corresponding trademark.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that what I wrote above is the exact reason why EA has said nothing. Even if you email them and you're like "yo EA, can you give us the source code?" they would say no. Because they NEED TO KEEP THEIR TRADEMARKS.

Plus, they might not even have the source code anymore, which would stink.

All we can hope for now is that more people step up to help. Otherwise, it'll take forever.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/15/2016, 23:06   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs_fan View Post
Edit: You can't race at the moment, cause the server isn't stable. Just 2 racers can join the lobby.
is it still current?

I have the problem that I can walk into the lobby with my teammates, then he does not see me, but I see him but not drive it.

We use Hamachi.

Sorry for my great Englisch ;-)
Old 06/15/2016, 23:24   #37

@: Well, maybe. That's great that you can race with another one. Well, I can't race, because our internet is too slow.

But I wait with patience, what the future brings.
Old 06/16/2016, 12:35   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs_fan View Post
@: Well, maybe. That's great that you can race with another one. Well, I can't race, because our internet is too slow.

But I wait with patience, what the future brings.
So we will wait as well and can only hope.
btw: there is else German nfs player ?
Old 06/16/2016, 19:50   #39

Yes, me. I'm from Germany. Ich kann Deutsch, lol.
Old 06/18/2016, 00:21   #40

Hi! Today my friend came to me I try to connect to a LAN. Surprise! We managed to get into nfsw to start a race but we are not synchronized in the race and we can't see each other. And something else 2nd player has my profil that I did when I started the game 2 times on my laptop. This is normal? I apologize for earlier insistence...
Old 06/19/2016, 01:28   #41

Doesn't work well :/
Old 06/20/2016, 13:30   #42

^^^
I have same problem :/
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/21/2016, 10:13   #43

Nilzao, what is this exactly? (soapbox)
Old 06/21/2016, 12:27   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaneMilos View Post
Nilzao, what is this exactly? (soapbox)
Ths is soapbox-race example:

http://redbullsoapboxrace.ie

Just a name, can't use registered names like EA, NFSW, Need for Speed...

Lawyers don't like it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2016, 16:34   #45

Easy enough to launch 2 instances of the game on the same PC but it's a different story for me when trying to connect a separate PC to the host PC on my network. Can't connect to server on network. SERVERERROR_FATAL_ERRORCODE_5 (both PCs running Win10)

Using:
NFSWO.exe files from ElitePVP thread.
soapbox.exe, soapbox udp and adm servers from ElitePVP thread.

What I have tried:

-Allowed NSFW and associated programs through firewall.

-Accessed router and port forwarded 1337,5222 and 9998 with tcp/udp.

-Host machine IP is 192.168.0.4 and this is entered into the shortcut properties on secondary PC ("C:\Program Files\NFS World Offline\Need For Speed World\Data\soapbox.exe" US a 2)

No Joy.

I even tried reversing the process by running host on 192.168.0.3 and trying to access it from 192.168.0.4, no joy.

I don't know what else to try. Can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice23 View Post
Hi! Today my friend came to me I try to connect to a LAN. Surprise! We managed to get into nfsw to start a race but we are not synchronized in the race and we can't see each other. And something else 2nd player has my profil that I did when I started the game 2 times on my laptop. This is normal? I apologize for earlier insistence...
Candice, what, if anything, did you do differently that you were finally able to connect via LAN?