Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Number of laps

Discussion on Number of laps within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Number of laps

Who knows, is it possible to change quantity of laps (e.g. 9 laps) ?
Old 11/07/2015, 00:23   #2

Nobody?
Old 11/07/2015, 06:50   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDr1ver View Post
Nobody?
I would suggest you avoid: (these are more or less forum etiquette in general
1) creating a new thread, unless you have something to contribute. (that has not been found before)
2) bumping a thread you created within 48 hours.

And instead:
1) Search it up.
2) If you can't find it, expand your search parameters to other sites and games that use the same engine. (eg, PS2 HP2 -> Undercover)
3) Use Archiving sites if you have to. (eg, geocities)

Also, it's been answered before... if you search.

If it's not answered before, learn to make mistakes when modding, back up your files, and SAVE OFTEN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercycle
For edit laps, opponents count, and other track things you need to hack or hex-edit gc.valuts files (GLOBAL folder). Xml files don't give any result in editing.
Also, there are many things factoring development.
- Real life. (School, work, baby, getting promotion, etc)
- Interest from the pros and those willing to learn (eg, Grand Theft Auto.... even though I "hate" that game for sucking all the talent from the NFS modding scene)
- publicly available documentation/programs (I reached a dead end trying to find the Arushan's documentation for geometry.bin files, hopefully it shows up elsewhere)
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/07/2015, 09:06   #4

Thanks for reply.
Would be happy, if anyone could help. Thanks.
Old 11/07/2015, 17:28   #5

Look in that file.
www\nfsw\Engine.svc\events\availableatlevel.xml

Old 11/07/2015, 18:23   #6

marek17, yeah, I tried to edit that values, but it doesn`t anything. This need to edit ".bin" files in "gc.valuts" folder (there`s nfsw.exe). But I don`t know, what values I should edit for changing number of laps...
Old 11/07/2015, 18:39   #7

But you have to write NFSU360
user that added support (Vlt-ed v1.1) for those files in that folder.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/07/2015, 18:56   #8

marek17, thank you, I`ll write him
Old 11/08/2015, 05:22   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDr1ver View Post
Thanks for reply.
Would be happy, if anyone could help. Thanks.
Well you could just search it, I'm not interested in hex editing the files yet. (I'm lazy, XD)

It's just that your bump is kinda annoying. (As it's been asked before by others on the forums here, and the answer may be buried)

Just learn how to pull keywords from your question to pipe it search engine.
I used the forum search, and it rejected "Lap" for being too short. (Understandable, but still...)

Then I piped "Lap" ,"change", site:<epvp forums link> on Google (with NFS for good measure), and first 2 pages are of really spot on, or very close to what you want, try it.

Else, it spits offtopic links if there are there is no information on the internet, that's where you have to pull your sleeve and do the work, or find someone with the same interest to work together.
**looking at V12-Power's teamwork on Zenhax**

Sometimes, for games that have been seamlessly forgotten, (and are long out of print), you sometimes to push archiving/search/torrent engines to the limit.

I'm actually trying to porting the CLK-GTR (and the male/female drivers) from the PS2 copy of Hot Pursuit 2 to the PC copy of Hot Pursuit 2, both of which use the same EAGL version, but developed/compiled by different studios.

There are documentation for the PC version, but none for the PS2 version (It uses a bigFile, but the strings hint a file structure more like NFS:Underground)