Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 12:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Moving to a dedicated server

Discussion on Moving to a dedicated server within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

View Poll Results: What do you think about the idea?
It's ok but I won't/can't support it. 141 36.72%
It's ok and I will support it. 180 46.88%
Eh whatever, just give me a server. 63 16.41%
Voters: 384. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08/14/2015, 02:25   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzao View Post
I liked these things good to go:
- server access free
- good balanced icg engine, for good rewards (not easy, not hard)
- all stock cars, skills, perform parts (everty thing related to win races) all icg
- all eyecandy stuff with Boost (rims, bodykits, wings, window tints...)

now the pay2play part
- pay to have boost anytime, and playing free
- pay per month to have unlimited boost
- pay to upload your customized car from nfsw offline carslots.xml to the server.
- pay to make easy backup from your account to play offline (or other online server, who knows?)
This project start with no pay, and now this are going to transforme in a cheaper EA...
Well, the server and development are from Berkay and his team ( i think that you make part too, i'm not so sure), do whatever you guys want.
People who can't pay your donation, will be always damaged...
Just hope this paytoplay ideas of your don't come out..
Old 08/14/2015, 02:59   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nathan View Post
Without trying to offend anyone... I have a simple question: Will there be an anti-cheat system?
try reading on 1st page ur find this

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
So, let's say I decided to move the server completely to a dedicated server and that the said server will be exactly the same as the offline server. There won't be magical powers telling you to install Python, Java or anything else. You'll just open the launcher, put your login data in it and voila.

Now, as you know servers aren't made of fairies and they require payment when under load. This means there will be options to support development and hosting.
I thought of something like:
  • Completely free2play
  • All cars will be IGC, no boost cars
  • Skill Mods and Performance Parts will be IGC, only a/m parts will be for boost
  • Race drops & drop rates will stay the same, which means you can get drops of items that are boost-only
  • Card packs, however, will only be for boost just like the original title

Of course, this isn't the final form of what's on my mind. I'm not even sure if I'll ever move to a dedicated server but it just seems worthy especially after the Vitaleks quarrel. I'd like to note that if said server does happen and my team & I add UDP (aka MP), I myself will start a development for anti-cheat, game features and re-balancing of cars+nos.

Do vote on the poll and share your opinion/thoughts.
Old 08/14/2015, 04:59   #48

I voted yes, but I'd still like to see updates for the offline server. Will 1.8 still be coming out if your team decides to do this?
Old 08/14/2015, 06:47   #49

Quote:
So, let's say I decided to move the server completely to a dedicated server and that the said server will be exactly the same as the offline server. There won't be magical powers telling you to install Python, Java or anything else. You'll just open the launcher, put your login data in it and voila.

Now, as you know servers aren't made of fairies and they require payment when under load. This means there will be options to support development and hosting.
I thought of something like:
  • Completely free2play
  • All cars will be IGC, no boost cars
  • Skill Mods and Performance Parts will be IGC, only a/m parts will be for boost
  • Race drops & drop rates will stay the same, which means you can get drops of items that are boost-only
  • Card packs, however, will only be for boost just like the original title

Of course, this isn't the final form of what's on my mind. I'm not even sure if I'll ever move to a dedicated server but it just seems worthy especially after the Vitaleks quarrel. I'd like to note that if said server does happen and my team & I add UDP (aka MP), I myself will start a development for anti-cheat, game features and re-balancing of cars+nos.

Do vote on the poll and share your opinion/thoughts.
Bodykits, hoods, spoilers?

If will be possible drop them it's perfect.... if not i will play offline with v1.7
Old 08/14/2015, 07:21   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno4 View Post
I voted yes, but I'd still like to see updates for the offline server. Will 1.8 still be coming out if your team decides to do this?
I'd like to note that if said server does happen and my team & I add UDP (aka MP), I myself will start a development for anti-cheat, game features and re-balancing of cars+nos.
Old 08/14/2015, 08:43   #51

but you pay to earn speedboost or pay to ketp speedboost?
Old 08/14/2015, 09:05   #52

I vote for eyecandy for SB and the rest for IGC/drops. That is, no performance parts/skills for boost.
Old 08/14/2015, 09:41   #53

I'd like to see a dedicated server but not as much as I'd like to see updates for the offline server where it can be preserved and not dependant on a server around the world somewhere.

What I mean is, if this dedicated server were to happen, it will have to go down eventually and when that day comes the offline server is all that will be left once again. I'd really like to see a complete offline experience before a dedicated server.

But that's just my opinion, maybe it's only me. When the official servers shut down and I lost everything it left a bad taste in my mouth and I can't really get into MMO's like I used to.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/14/2015, 09:45   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealx View Post
try reading on 1st page ur find this
Ooops, sorry, I didn't notice that. My bad. Thanks.

Quote:

Everyone will be starting over with fresh new accounts? That's the plan, if it doesn't happen that way there won't be a level of field. (Balance issues)
Please don't. I mean, I'd really like to be able to play with my old cars, almost each of them has a history of its own. Beside the money, I invested a lot of time and SOUL in most of them. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Keep up the great job!
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2015, 11:48   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nathan View Post
Ooops, sorry, I didn't notice that. My bad. Thanks.

Please don't. I mean, I'd really like to be able to play with my old cars, almost each of them has a history of its own. Beside the money, I invested a lot of time and SOUL in most of them. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Keep up the great job!
.... No please....
Old 08/14/2015, 11:59   #56

I'd rather it stay offline tbh. Yes people will complain but we can't always have everything. EA after 5 years stopped milking the community stop trying to resurrect the cow.
Old 08/14/2015, 12:00   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno4 View Post
I'd like to see a dedicated server but not as much as I'd like to see updates for the offline server where it can be preserved and not dependant on a server around the world somewhere.

What I mean is, if this dedicated server were to happen, it will have to go down eventually and when that day comes the offline server is all that will be left once again. I'd really like to see a complete offline experience before a dedicated server.

But that's just my opinion, maybe it's only me. When the official servers shut down and I lost everything it left a bad taste in my mouth and I can't really get into MMO's like I used to.
You are right its too early for a dedicated server
Old 08/14/2015, 12:04   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelleci View Post
You are right its too early for a dedicated server
I don't think he's meaning it's too early, I think he means it should stay offline
Old 08/14/2015, 12:28   #59

Nfsw offline source is out there. Any developer can make full featured offline. Game is not dead.

Nfsw offline team proved that full private server can be done. But it cost money.

Nobody donates anything to offline team.

Russians devs started private server and ppl paying for this happening there.

When i read all the stupid comments, i think most of you deserve to get just nothing and start making your own fork from last nfsw offline source.
Old 08/14/2015, 12:32   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzao View Post
Nfsw offline source is out there. Any developer can make full featured offline. Game is not dead.

Nfsw offline team proved that full private server can be done. But it cost money.

Nobody donates anything to offline team.

Russians devs started private server and ppl paying for this happening there.

When i read all the stupid comments, i think most of you deserve to get just nothing and start making your own fork from last nfsw offline source.
I'm not saying that I want it to stay offline, I just personally think that the offline should be prioritised over a dedicated server.

You're right Nilzao, I can't do what you can do, but just because I'm not in a position to donate does not mean that I don't appreciate what people like you and Berkay do. I was simply voicing my opinion, feel free to think I'm full of ****.
Closed Thread