Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 00:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need for Speed World: Offline Server Version v1.0 Beta

Discussion on Need for Speed World: Offline Server Version v1.0 Beta within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Need for Speed World: Offline Server Version v1.0 Beta

I cannot open the ServerLauncher.exe file. It says windows cannot find the file for some reason
Please help
Old 07/16/2015, 06:07   #2

serverlauncher didn't work for some people including me. it says nfsw.exe not found. use 0-host.bat file for open server.
Old 07/16/2015, 08:51   #3

If it can't find nfsw.exe, you can point it manually to the correct directory.

Otherwise, an AV software might be interfering with the launcher and blocking access to the launcher itself.
Old 07/16/2015, 11:07   #4

elite*gold: 65
Do you ever have read the README files? I don't think so, otherwise you guys would know why the serverlauncher doesn't work for you...
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/21/2015, 19:05   #5

ServerLauncher will not start NFSW - Unable to select the target!

I successfully completed all of the steps in the ReadMe.html file provided with the Offline Server archive. It appeared that every component installed without errors.

However the very last step:
"Step 7 - Run the server"
"3. Click "select nfsw.exe"

WILL NOT WORK. Yes, a dialog opens asking me to locate and select the "nfsw.exe" file. However, it could NOT find and select "nfsw.exe."

First of all, there IS NO FILE named "nfsw.exe" in my C:Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed World" folder. There IS a file "GameLauncher.exe." But the ServerLauncher dialog will not show that file for selecting. So I placed a copy of that file in the folder and named it "nfsw.exe." NOW the ServerLauncher dialog shows that file, and I can select it. However, after the dialog closes, ServerLauncher STILL says nfsw.exe cannot be found and to select it.

What's the problem here? Is there an actual file "nfsw.exe" somewhere on my C: drive which, if I pointed serverLauncher to it, would work? How do I get past this ServerLauncher problem and get the darn "select" button to stop being grayed out and become "Launch NFSW"?
Old 07/21/2015, 19:29   #6

Nfsw.exe is not gamelauncher.exe. Yes, you should have an nfsw.exe somewhere - did you install the game to the default place? Did you have the game before the servers went down?

I, for instance, have installed the game to an external USB HDD, so I had to remember it when pointing server launcher to the game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/25/2016, 11:32   #7

ive looked everywhere and i cant find nfsw.exe? where do i find it?
Old 05/25/2016, 11:37   #8

It's hidden: C: ProgramData/Electronic Arts/Need For Speed World/Data

You should make the "hidden" folders visible. Than you should find it. Hope that helps.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/25/2016, 17:52   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs_fan View Post
It's hidden: C: ProgramData/Electronic Arts/Need For Speed World/Data

You should make the "hidden" folders visible. Than you should find it. Hope that helps.
Or in the all users's application data folder for XP. (Blame Windows for this...)
Or in whatever custom client folder you chose during installation. (eg, a portable HDD, lol)

(I should really tell people to unpack the original launcher NSIS installer to tell what the default install paths should be, people don't seem to even know the client and launcher has been in 2 different folders since the beta)
Old 03/07/2017, 19:10   #10

it works!