Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 14:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFS World - Project "Reborn"

Discussion on NFS World - Project "Reborn" within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post NFS World - Project "Reborn" - Launcher & Singleplayer

THIS PROJECT'S GOAL WAS CHANGED ON 20.07.2015 AFTER SOME DISCUSSION WITH THE TEAM, SORRY ABOUT THAT.

LAST UPDATE: 27.07.2015

Welcome. This thread is dedicated towards news and development of Need for Speed World: Reborn.

What is "Project Reborn"
Project Reborn is our attempt to provide hassle-free abilities for users to play Need for Speed World in other servers, with the use of the universal game launcher.

Why make a launcher?
Yes, you can use game shortcuts with arguments, but this is designed to be
user friendly, so anyone can play and enjoy NFS World.

ABOUT THE LAUNCHER

ABOUT THE SP SERVER

Screenshots (NEW!)

Thank you. This thread will be updated weekly (or daily) depending on progress. (devs have lives too you know.. and sometimes you just don't feel like doing it )
Thanks
23 Users
Old 07/15/2015, 23:23   #2

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
I'm already going to add MP, unnecessary thread & project. You will have no support from me.

Also:
Quote:
How does it work?
You play on a created-by-someone server with the launcher: you input the IP and port.. and it handles the rest for you.
The KEY thing here is that it uses your IP to log you in to the server.. no names no passwords.. this is prone to change because I found a couple of problems and holes with that.. but lets leave it as is for now.
Holy maccorino no, this is not how game works. It uses UDP with AES256 for live MP data, you clearly have no clue tbh.
Thanks
15 Users
Old 07/15/2015, 23:26   #3

good luck
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/15/2015, 23:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
I'm already going to add MP, unnecessary thread & project. You will have no support from me.

Also:
Holy maccorino no, this is now how game works. It uses UDP with AES256 for live MP data, you clearly have no clue tbh.
I've been "experimenting" with other multiplayer games before, I don't have extended knowledge.
I didn't exactly say "it only uses your IP", i've just added that in to try and see how it works with multiple drivers online.
Also.. uh.. it uses your source, so i could cancel the project and just continue poking it around on my own if you want? really just wanted to try if i could make something functional
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/15/2015, 23:48   #5

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNT90 View Post
I've been "experimenting" with other multiplayer games before, I don't have extended knowledge.
I didn't exactly say "it only uses your IP", i've just added that in to try and see how it works with multiple drivers online.
Also.. uh.. it uses your source, so i could cancel the project and just continue poking it around on my own if you want? really just wanted to try if i could make something functional
You can host the jar in a dedicated server and it will run, add support for multiple personas and people will be able to play as much as they want but offline in that server. UDP "Blocks" aren't something an average user can do something about. Unless someone or you have major knowledge in crypted connections, client disassembling and how NFS:W works, they or you won't be able to do ****. Sorry, but it's the truth.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/16/2015, 00:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
You can host the jar in a dedicated server and it will run, add support for multiple personas and people will be able to play as much as they want but offline in that server. UDP "Blocks" aren't something an average user can do something about. Unless someone or you have major knowledge in crypted connections, client disassembling and how NFS:W works, they or you won't be able to do ****. Sorry, but it's the truth.
I understand, thanks for your replies anyway.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/16/2015, 01:03   #7

Quote:
Welcome. This thread is dedicated towards news and development of Need for Speed World: Reborn.

What is "Project Reborn"
Project Reborn is our attempt to fix and restore NFS World to its functional multiplayer state.

Who is developing "Project Reborn"?
Me! ..and two friends
RAGNACI (knowns as "LeRomate" or "Wopifine") - Gameplay Tester
He is.. basically responsible for testing the (current) multiplayer capabilities of the "Reborn" project.
ME (known as "RNT90") - Main Developer
My job is to provide some patches.. updates.. and develop the launcher (more on THAT later).

But.. is it legal?
I don't know.. probably not.. why? Do you care or do you want to play the game?

Did you make this by yourself?
Well.. not EXACTLY.. the launcher is by me, but most of the server is by berkay2578
Though.. his server's source code was available.. so I dug around and realised: "Maybe I could make this work with LAN or even more.." and two hours later.. this project began.

How does it work?
You play on a created-by-someone server with the launcher: you input the IP and port.. and it handles the rest for you.
The KEY thing here is that it uses your IP to log you in to the server.. no names no passwords.. this is prone to change because I found a couple of problems and holes with that.. but lets leave it as is for now.

NOTABLE BUGS:
- During playtesting remote players seem to "lose connection to the NFSW servers" as soon as connected to freeroam. There was an instance in which this didn't happen though.. It seems fairly random.
- Sometimes a connected client may randomly lose connection with a "ERRCODE 7".
- Remote clients may freeze and/or crash with a "ERRCODE 13". Unknown why this happens.
- Due to the way players are handled, players cannot see eachother in freeroam.

What is being worked on:
- The Launcher
- Getting rewards from SP races
- Getting remote players to connect to freeroam and/or races properly

Thank you. This thread will be updated weekly (or daily) depending on progress. (devs have lives too you know.. and sometimes you just don't feel like doing it )
thread useless we already have 3 threads with all this on them
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/16/2015, 06:21   #8

How you restore a rewards in race? I want to see this in offline
Old 07/16/2015, 08:29   #9

Good luck!!!

I`ll monitoring this thread)))
Old 07/16/2015, 12:33   #10

could we use hamachi instead of typing the ip's in? that could get rid of the loop holes? and make games easy to find? i dunno ppl play nfsu2 on their so thought maybe if we try making a server on their it would work but yea we need more than one person to test that theory... so i got no idea if it will work...
Old 07/16/2015, 12:46   #11

you need 4 servers to work.

http for profiles with database, not xmls (nfsw-jar)
xmpp for powerups, achivements, lobby stuff to multiplayer (xmpphost.py just for powerups, and fixed playerid, need to know how calculate xmpp subject tag)
udp-freeroam crypted udp rebroadcast server with "clihello x srvproceed" prikey and pubkey to talk with clients
udp-races crypted udp rebroadcast server like udp-freeroam to race.

I need ppl with full networking hacking skills to help me.

first: a crack to remove xmpp subject validation from nfsw.exe or how to calculate it, then we can talk.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/16/2015, 14:11   #12

Hey,

I can help you with dat ! i search many things for do the "get" files to my IP but they are always on "127.0.0.1".
And i've a question : The local pc's can join me in the server (in local i mean) ?
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/16/2015, 14:34   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercycle View Post
How you restore a rewards in race? I want to see this in offline
I've kind of gotten it to work really.. It intercepting when the client gets info from the server after a race.. after that we just edit their persona to include the reward and voala!
I've yet to fix it in pursuits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzcopter View Post
could we use hamachi instead of typing the ip's in? that could get rid of the loop holes? and make games easy to find? i dunno ppl play nfsu2 on their so thought maybe if we try making a server on their it would work but yea we need more than one person to test that theory... so i got no idea if it will work...
Buzzcopter, I'm already using hamachi to test it. It works believe it or not Still loopholes exist as there is a problem when using a "specific" port.. still thinking on how to fix that one. I got a playtester and he is able to connect and play.. both of us actually. MP is not really working though, everything is private for that player.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/16/2015, 14:40   #14

Quote:
I've kind of gotten it to work really.. It intercepting when the client gets info from the server after a race.. after that we just edit their persona to include the reward and voala!
I've yet to fix it in pursuits..
Nice trick. I wish berkay or nilzao incorporated it in their server.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/16/2015, 14:49   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedou_07 View Post
Hey,

I can help you with dat ! i search many things for do the "get" files to my IP but they are always on "127.0.0.1".
And i've a question : The local pc's can join me in the server (in local i mean) ?
I've adapted this server to properly handle players from a LAN or VPN network (such as hamachi), so yes, it should properly work with the players. The only little thing is that it uses a diffirent folder for every IP address that will play.
Thanks
1 User

Tags
nfs, nfsw, reborn, server, world