Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Minecraft > Minecraft Server Advertising
You last visited: Today at 16:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Red vs Blue Minecraft | RPG Feel | Guns | Quests and MORE!

Discussion on Red vs Blue Minecraft | RPG Feel | Guns | Quests and MORE! within the Minecraft Server Advertising forum part of the Minecraft category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Red vs Blue Minecraft | RPG Feel | Guns | Quests and MORE!

Red vs Blue Minecraft

IP
Currently in Alpha Stages, IP released soon!

Our Website

Features

Guns
Factions
Custom Made Maps from the RvB Series (BETA release will be Blood Gultch and Valhalla probably, with a dungeon or two and mob bosses)
Quests that will include dungeons, pvp, and other features

Hello Epvp, Currently we are in early Alpha stages but we would like to begin making a community around our server. We would like to know what features the PLAYERS want us to add, take a look around the forum and suggest everything you can! From new guns, maps, quest ideas... anything! I am busy still confuguring all the plugins and making them great! I will keep everyone update via our forum and hope to see you all there! Peace!
Old 08/02/2015, 06:10   #2

elite*gold: 0
Looking for Staff!
Old 08/03/2015, 07:38   #3

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,486
Things that I dislike, from a first glance:

1. No Backlink to Epvp, which makes this entire advertisement illegal. Im going to report this, so if you find your thread locked you need to contact a moderator, once you implemented a backlink

2. Using Enjin is semi-professionel, as most of its features/designs cost some money. It's way better to invest in a normal website, in the long term.

3. The Design of the Homepage/Forum, doesn't fit Minecraft at all. Try to use a brighter design, that doesn't give off such a "from outa space" feeling.

4. Encouraging players to donate money, in order to release the beta earlier. Thats just plain dumb in my eyes. You don't have any costs at the moment, or let's rather say should. Enjin is free + you can do all work on a local setup until it reaches a playable degree.
It isn't helping at all if you release some half-baked game, that lacks around 50% of features and has around 70% bugs/troubleshootings, which usually occur only when many players test it instead of one person.

Things you should consider in order to improve your server:
1. Usage of Denizen (A pain in the *** to setup, but worth it when it comes to NPCs)
2. Hiring professional builders. Thats right. A professional building team will give you the best results, when it comes to your planned maps. Nobody should work for free, if they're great at something.
3. Planning ahead, when it comes to the server-hardware. Your project seems rather big scaled, so I would at least plan for 50 slots on start, which can be upgraded at any given time. Don't go for Gamehosting, go for a professionel vServer, including DDoS Protection.
4. Increasing your team before going live. You should try to get:
1x Technician (Manage whole Server/Plugins | should have Java experience, but no need to code)
2x Administrators (Manage Community/General Project)
3x Mods (Manage Ingame Questions/Forums)
Closed Thread