Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2 > Metin2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Can TEC-Interactive take legal action on Private Servers?

Discussion on Can TEC-Interactive take legal action on Private Servers? within the Metin2 Private Server forum part of the Metin2 category.

Old 10/27/2011, 21:39   #16

elite*gold: 0
Hey I am the owner of what was once AlpineMT2. Just wanted to correct the lie chris said about the server. (I will skip the other lies he said generally speaking incorrectly about pservers because we all know he is full of **** for those).

He did not "shut down" alpinemt2. He faxed a letter of demand to Justhost.com, where we hosted our website. The script was from hen and the design was our own. Therefore, this is not copyrighted material. I contacted back the host and explained this to them and they sided with me obviously since I am obviously correct.

He sent the same one to worldstream, who has horrible support and prices. They bowed down like little doggies afraid of him and told me the situation. I saved the files and moved on to weservit, amazing support, better server for better price. Chia sent his letter to them, they refused it.. stating that Netherlands does not follow the "DMCA". They told me that if he sent the laws from Netherlands they would be forced to ask me to remove my content from their server.. which I don't blame them. Because what hosting company would take a lawsuit for a customer paying 100 eur a month? None. He asked them for our information, the host did not give it away. Weservit also refunded the money after this happened. I decided to just quit doing servers..

That is the actual story of AlpineMT2. You may see the site now redirects to Avatars2, it is not mine.. I don't do anything for it besides answer a few questions to the owner... BEST. I help him with technical work because he is still in process of learning servers and I have already learned it. Why not help out a great friend and ex partner ?

Chia only attacked my server (alpinemt2), I noted how he was singling me out from all the other pservers so he decided about 4-5 days later that he would start going after a few smaller servers. He shut down a fake united, he claims he shut down 2 others that never did shut down.. Cataclysm did not shut down it just renamed to something else I know the owner of it and the new owner.. So GG. and good luck to Empyrium, maxy.
Thanks
2 Users