Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > MapleStory
You last visited: Today at 15:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[TUTORIAL] Making you own PRIVATESERVER

Discussion on [TUTORIAL] Making you own PRIVATESERVER within the MapleStory forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[TUTORIAL] Making you own PRIVATESERVER

NOTE: CREDITS GOES TO in Odin MS Forum

What you need:

1. First, download the files above. Install the Java JDK. Once installed, go to c:\program files\java and go into each of the folders there, then lib, then security and extract the local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar there from the JCE unlimited strength archives. All of the folders are straight forward except for jdk1.6.0_10 where you have to go jre>lib>security.

2. Install mySQL, the Query Browser and WampServer

3. Extract the odinms.rar. This already has all the necessary files in it.

4. Go to your global MapleStory folder, and copy ALL of the .wz files into the wz folder in odinMS.

5. Open up WampServer, left-click on it and select 'Put Online'. If it only says 'Put Offline' the dont mind, it is already online.

6. Open up the Query Browser and put in localhost as server host and root as both user AND password. Put odinms in the defaultschema.

7. In the column on the right, right click and select create new schema. You must put odinms in the box!

8. Double click on the icon that has popped up with odinms next to it.

9. Go to file>open script and navigate to the odinMS folder you extracted eariler. Select odinms.sql.

10. It will create the necessary tables.

11. The default password is id: admin and pass: admin.

12. Open up db.properties and look for:

Code:
# credentials for database accessuser =password =
Put root after "user =" and "password =", leaving a space between the = and your password.

Finally, run the .bat's in this order. You need to leave 5-10 seconds between each as to let them register as a service and stuff. NOTHING WILL POP UP UNTIL ALL THREE ARE RUNNING.

1. World
2. Login
3. Channel

OR

Do this, which will definately work, and save you clicking.

1. Copy and paste this into a text document and save as "wait.bat"

Code:
@ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 -w 1000 > nul@ping 127.0.0.1 -n %1% -w 1000> nul
2. Copy and paste this into a text document and save as "pserver.bat"

Code:
start launch_world.batCALL WAIT 5start launch_login.batCALL WAIT 5start launch_channel.bat
3. Place both in your odin directory and double click pserver.bat. It will run the world server, then wait 5 seconds, then run the login server, then wait 5 seconds, then run the channel server, then quit. You can even right click pserver.bat and select Send To>Desktop (create shortcut). This will make a shortcut on your desktop, so you just click it and it will run!

Then place the localhost.exe in your mapleglobal folder, run it and enjoy!

Extra:

To change the admin password, copy and paste this into the top window in the Query Browser.

Code:
UPDATE accounts SET password = SHA1('password') WHERE name='admin'
Simply change the 'admin' to whatever account you want to change, leaving the 's and do the same for password. Click execute in the top right and it will change for you.

To make other people able to connect to your server:

1. Find out your ip address
2. Right click on world.properties in the odinMS folder.
3. After "net.sf.odinms.channel.net.interface=" change localhost to your ip address.
4. Distribute a modified .exe or use the .bat file method.

To use GM Commands without opening up Maple:

This is a really cool feature that lets you write notices ingame without actually being ingame, and also changing the scrolling message at the top.

1. Open up your launch_channel.bat and add this to the end of the line

Code:
net.sf.odinms.net.channel.ChannelServer -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=13373 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=jmxrem ote.password -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=jmxremot e.access
2. Go to your odin directory and create two files:
jmxremote.password
jmxremote.access

3. In jmxremote.password put this, substituting information where necessary:

Code:
nameofadminaccount adminpassword
4. Copy and paste this into a notepad document and save it as jconsole.bat

Code:
@echooffcd c:\program files\java\jdk1.6.0_10\binjconsole
5. Start up your all three server .bat's, then run your jconsole.bat

6. Select 'Local Process' then the net.sf.odinms.net.channel and click connect at the bottom.

7. Select the MBeans tab then expand all the subfolders of net.sf.odinms.net.chan

8. You are interested in the 'Server Message' bit. At the top under 'Value', click and you can change the message. Press enter and refresh and it will change! You can also change the ExpRate using the same method.

9. Expand everything in net.sf.odinms.client.messages. Click on processCommandJMX and at the top are 3 boxes.

P1 is channel, P2 is map id and P3 is message.

Using this you can put "1, 0, !notice hello everyone" and ingame a notice will come up on channel 1 saying hello everyone. You can also spawn items in maps by changing the map id, so if you use this: "1, 0, !drop 2070006 1" you will spawn 1 ilbi at the map where new characters are created. Simply change the map id to anything, for example the gm map of 180000000, you can spawn items there from outside the game.

How to make a site for people to register on:

1. Download this: (all credit goes to Vintage)
2. extract to c:/wamp/www/ so you have index.php and yourms folder in c:/wamp/www/vsite
3. The index.php in /www/ is already configured, and is just a nice homepage for you to change. Right-click it, edit and then change any of the following in bold to whatever your mapleserver is going to be called.

Code:
<html><head><title>YourMS HomePage</title></head><style>*{ FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: verdana; } b { FONT-WEIGHT: bold; } .listtitle { BACKGROUND: #425984; COLOR: #EEEEEE; white-space: nowrap; } td.list { BACKGROUND: #EEEEEE; white-space: nowrap; } </style><center><br><br><u><span style="font-size: 14px;"><h1>HomePage</h1></u></font></span><h2>links to various projects and pages</h2><br><br><table cellspacing=1 cellpadding=5><tr><td class=listtitle colspan=2>Links</td></tr><tr><td class=list align=right>yourMS</td><td class=list><a href="/vsite/yourms/index.php">Registration</a></td></tr>
4. Navigate to the yourms folder (leave this name) and open the index.php in there. Again, you can change the pretty much anything called yourms. Halfway down there is this code:

Code:
<br><a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?1yndywi4jnb">yourMS Client Download</a><br>
Change the bit in "s to the download link for your hex edited client, and obviously change the name of yourMS.

5. Go into the functions folder and open config.php. Using the //*information*, fill out the relevant information. Using my guide above the passwords should all be correct at this time anyway. However, if your server is public change the localhost in this line:

Code:
$serverip = "localhost"; //Replace with your WAN IP if public
to your external IP address.

6. Set up port forwading on port 80 to your local ip address (something like 192.168.1.100) then tell your friends to go to . It should work.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/02/2008, 13:38   #2

Received Thanks: 4,569
And here for the Navicat User my SQL Table

Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/02/2008, 14:39   #3

Hehehe wreck you 666 Thanks :P
Old 05/03/2008, 10:26   #4

imma try it this way....if it doesn't work, imma smash this laptop into pieces
Old 05/04/2008, 02:29   #5

It's actually very easy. I'd give this a 2 out of 5 stars again. It's nto extremely hard to do.
Old 05/04/2008, 03:10   #6

especially when it says this error. "You have been OWNED by my database, please train yourself and try again" I want to do it through Navicat
Old 05/04/2008, 08:17   #7

Hm, i dont understand #12
Old 05/04/2008, 09:45   #8

i cant even get past opening mySQL......

Edit: I'm using TitanMS Ver 0.08B lawl. Atleast i get to do something, but i keep getting kicked off the game and back to the login screen. EVERYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05/04/2008, 18:54   #9

To get past MySQL, just type localhost in the server spot and root int he user spot.
Old 05/04/2008, 18:55   #10

and for 12, open db.properties with notepad and change the stuff.
Old 05/04/2008, 20:10   #11

Received Thanks: 4,569
I have a other table too but without ban_expired table and online table...
Old 05/04/2008, 20:52   #12

So do you have your on Server Vulcanraven?
Old 05/05/2008, 03:26   #13

guys can someone help me with Navicat Lite (that program to set up) everytime i go to build with my TitanMS 0.08c source, it says maplestoryserver.exe isn't here and i cant find it either.
Old 05/05/2008, 23:26   #14

I'll find a tut for you.
Old 05/06/2008, 20:21   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu7elite View Post
i have an error for mysql query browser
it says

could not connect to the specified instance

Mysql error number 1045
access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'(using password:YES)

so what do i do?

if u wanna check the network connection please use the ping button
Lmao, open up WampServer