Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 18:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Continued

Discussion on Continued within the Main forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old 11/14/2016, 00:22   #16

elite*gold: 0
Yea I agree, fraud needs to be allowed to be reported to a users profile. I run 7 forums myself and I know its not easy to implement change. Now that I have read all these comme nts since my last, I am having a slight change of opinion, but we need to protect the nubs and as 200 had pointed out, scammers will always try to bypass the ****. So skype logs and Facebook logs should be considered partial proof (depending if multiple people reported the same Skype account) I undersrand saying ******* scammers etc etc is no good. But i literally said "Lol! No comment" in a scam thread and was removed for "not being interested" well duh, I'm not interested in being scammed hence the comment. A public feedback system would be bettwr however like I said, you should remove the right to post threads and instead allow them to post threads in "the new tbm" or something. I believe that is the place trades should be posted, that will negate the whole problem. But what do I know, Im just a web designer lol
Old 11/14/2016, 00:30   #17
Trade Restricted

The Black Market: 281/1/1
Quote:
Originally Posted by desiredphoenix View Post
Yea I agree, fraud needs to be allowed to be reported to a users profile. I run 7 forums myself and I know its not easy to implement change. Now that I have read all these comme nts since my last, I am having a slight change of opinion, but we need to protect the nubs and as 200 had pointed out, scammers will always try to bypass the ****. So skype logs and Facebook logs should be considered partial proof (depending if multiple people reported the same Skype account) I undersrand saying ******* scammers etc etc is no good. But i literally said "Lol! No comment" in a scam thread and was removed for "not being interested" well duh, I'm not interested in being scammed hence the comment. A public feedback system would be bettwr however like I said, you should remove the right to post threads and instead allow them to post threads in "the new tbm" or something. I believe that is the place trades should be posted, that will negate the whole problem. But what do I know, Im just a web designer lol
The Scammer Problem won´t be solved. It is like crime. If you forbid for exampel drugs in a country, someone will find a way to cheat them in. It is the same with scammer, they will find ways. Some of them scam after they sent trade. If you trade in the Internet, you have to live with that risk.
Old 11/14/2016, 01:11   #18

Well i dont know about you, but I'd rather see an attempt to fix it rather then "it will fix itself" or "ahhh who cares though"
Old 11/14/2016, 02:33   #19

elite*gold: 926
The Black Market: 157/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200sx2010 View Post
The fact of the matter is that scammers do the opposite of that
Today I saved 3 people's wallets from scammers and will continue to give those noobs heads up until you change your forum posting rules and allow to report frauds publicly.
+1
Old 11/14/2016, 06:13   #20

Yes I am glad you have done that, but we can't help everyone. I do believe a global TBM where only trading posts can occur there, should be allowed. It should be monitored at least 12/7 where users can dispute and provide proof (whether Skype or facebook) and if the offender has been noted to use that account on skype previously. I understand the overhaul that would be required, but for the sake of your reputation, I believe it would be highly beneficial in the end

You may now close the thread whenever you please, as the point I was trying to make has been made. However, if changes were to be made, a global market forum would be better as the likeliness of being scammed would be reduced significantly.
Thank you Luke, Der Eddy and 200 for participating in this discussion.
Also on another note, Luke, as admin you have the powers to raise this further. I hope that you do as it's sad to see my once favourite modding site (and source for pservers), devolve into nothing more then a stomping ground for scammers.
Also in my honest opinion, You should create custom titles for the most trusted sellers. (I know permissions is a pain to set up and creating a new user group would be annoying to set up) but in the end, your efforts will be rewarded by loyal customers.

Just my honest opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Eddy View Post
/moved

You really WANT to get scammed, aren't you?
If someone refuses to use our TBM systen DON'T trade with them UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
even if he have the best prices out here (probably because he doesn't even sell anyhting)

if you insist on using our TBM system most scammer will not bother with you and move on
From what I read... he was saying that experienced users like us aren't stupid, but even experienced sales persons like ConquerOnlineBM don't use TBM, and he is a highly trusted user. Not only do scammers not use TBM, but neither do most legitimate sellers...
Old 11/14/2016, 10:12   #21
Administrator

elite*gold: 53948
The Black Market: 254/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,056
It's not that easy as some of you might think. Allowing public feedback can have a negative effect for legit sellers, because it's possible to blackmail them without having a valid trade-request, which was the reason the trade-system was developed. So it's not an easy task, however, we're working on a system to minimize that risk and to protect the sellers too.

Quote:
I do believe a global TBM where only trading posts can occur there, should be allowed. It should be monitored at least 12/7 where users can dispute and provide proof (whether Skype or facebook) and if the offender has been noted to use that account on skype previously. I understand the overhaul that would be required, but for the sake of your reputation, I believe it would be highly beneficial in the end

You may now close the thread whenever you please, as the point I was trying to make has been made. However, if changes were to be made, a global market forum would be better as the likeliness of being scammed would be reduced significantly.
I don't understand, what do you mean with global tbm/market forum?

Quote:
Also in my honest opinion, You should create custom titles for the most trusted sellers.
We can't add a "trusted" badge or something similar, because it would be misleading, everyone can turn from a trusted seller to an scammer. I think it's better to extend the verification systems.
Old 11/15/2016, 03:28   #22

Yes of course. And by global i mean every trading forum here, not just co.
"
It's not that easy as some of you might think. Allowing public feedback can have a negative effect for legit sellers, because it's possible to blackmail them without having a valid trade-request, which was the reason the trade-system was developed. So it's not an easy task, however, we're working on a system to minimize that risk and to protect the sellers too."
I understand, just making suggestions
Old 11/15/2016, 10:15   #23

elite*gold: 450
Strange, you allow to write positive feedback on seller threads, but not negative. That's like voting in North Korea, you can vote, but only for Kim Jong Un..
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/15/2016, 10:50   #24
Administrator

elite*gold: 53948
The Black Market: 254/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,056
@ So it would be okay for you if someone accusses you in your as a scammer?

I'm sure it would be a matter of minutes until you request to delete that post. Also your comparison is misleading, because everyone who follows our rules is able to rate his trade partner negative.

Anyway, we're working on a solution.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread