Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 05:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Dear Mods. Definition of thread bumping.

Closed Thread
Old   #1
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 22/0/0
Dear Mods. Definition of thread bumping.

Can you please google the definition of thread bumping please. I know so many people who keep getting warnings for "bumping"threads which they create... I have had warnings from the mods who say that "bumping"is replying to a comment in the thread which is created is a bump. Wrong.

Please feel free to read this

"Thread bumping" is the act of posting in a thread, with the sole goal of getting it back to the top of the thread list. Some people thread bump because their thread wasn't noticed during a busy time, while others bump threads just because they want to.

Thread bumping in the technical forums happens quite often especially when the thread involves a problem that the poster wants solved. As such, bumping simply because you posted it at 3am and no-one's replied by 7am is pointless, but bumping your post after a day or two, when you have had few replies might allow you to tap into a different audience.

There are a lot of working techies in here who don't often read WP during the evening/weekend, but are able to give very valuable answers to questions. Bumping to ensure your post gets read by both "shifts" seems ok to me.

In summary: a thoughtful bump is ok, but one that simply screams "waaaaah, no-one's listening to me" is not.

Comments in grey were made by The Librarian in the thread "Bumped posts".

Old   #2
sudo init 6

elite*gold: 131
The Black Market: 28/0/0
Received Thanks: 18,449
Every post in your topic will bring it to the top of the topic list, so technically every post of yours will bump your thread
however, you are allowed at any time to answer customer questions but after that you will need to wait again 24 hours before you are allowed to bump your topic again

More here:
if you have a problem with a particular warning/infraction AND after an unsuccessful discussing with the moderator about that warning/infraction, create a topic here:
Closed Thread