Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 09:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

When will links and images start to work for me?

Discussion on When will links and images start to work for me? within the Main forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
When will links and images start to work for me?

I created a release post but all liks and images are broken - only the URL's are displayed and the link text is hidden like this:

Link:

Image:

Code:
Link: [URL="http://google.com"]link text[/URL]

Image: [IMG=expandable: 1]http://www.elitepvpers.com/images/logo.png[/IMG]
I understand that you want to prevent new users spamming NSFW images or virus links as soon as they register. But can I not prove myself reasonable user already? How does one even do that?
Old 03/19/2015, 13:00   #2

elite*gold: 67
You need more posts. I forgot how many but its just the post count. If I was you, I'd visit the off topic area for a day :P

Either 25 or 50 posts afaik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXXIV View Post
Link:

Image:
^ see I can do it and I have 145 posts :P
Old 03/19/2015, 13:15   #3

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
You need 25 posts only and your images should be visible to the other users.
50 posts in-case if you're willing to use the gallery option if I'm not mistaken.
Old 03/19/2015, 13:19   #4

It would be nice to know for sure. Now my release post looks very unreliable as everything is broken. This pushes me to spam somewhere, which is not a thing I'd like to do.

Another problem is the fact many discussions here are in German, so I cannot take place in them After English, I chose French for my third language, partly because french people are known for not-speaking english, whereas in germany people are more educated in English.
Old 03/19/2015, 19:58   #5

elite*gold: 400
Received Thanks: 19,503
The requirments fluctuate between 20 and 50 posts (depends on the amount of spammers at the moment)

Quote:
Another problem is the fact many discussions here are in German
We are trying to do our best to be a international board
also most users also understands english
so you can create a topic in english or ask nicely for a translation in a german topic
Old 03/19/2015, 20:38   #6

It's kinda weird anyway, that I must spam (in the meaning of creating discussions just for sake of discussing) to be marked non-spammer.

But yeah, I can contribute English in German threads and Google translate is sufficient with most of the content. But German post titles make it very hard for me to find what discussions am I interested in.
Old 03/20/2015, 21:53   #7

elite*gold: 300
The Black Market: 127/0/0
You don't need to use Google translater to translate the text into German for your threads.

Just write in English, most of the users are used to write also in English.

The ones, who really can answer your questions, also can speak English (or are at least able to understand what you are asking and to provide you an answer).

Concerning your other question with the picture...at the beginning it is a little bit annoying, but yes...it is not for ever...

Regards,
Zemer
Old 03/21/2015, 16:42   #8

I meant it other way around - that I use google translate to translate German in English for longer messages.
Old 04/17/2015, 14:23   #9

Just figuired out a trick about pictures in the thread and post count. I think this must be added to rules\info if possible.
Old 04/26/2015, 20:35   #10

elite*gold: LOCKED
Ohhhh so thats why noone can see my pictures
Thanks
1 User