Many people create a thread about their soon-to-be MMO/MMOCC/MMORPG. However, many of them appear to the public as amateurs when they don't follow some of the basic company biography outlines. Take a look at the list below and use it as a guideline.
When posting information about your MMO for the first time:
- Tell us your game plan. No one here wants to read about how you plan to be similar to a next MMO but "better". What separates your MMO from everyone else's? What are you trying to achieve?
- Company Information. Before posting about your MMO make sure you have some form of a website. Obviously, if you want people to take you seriously it will need to be a developed website... not a blank page with centered text and the name of your MMO. C'mon now, we're all professionals here.
- Be prepared to spend money. The most common mistake of posting here are that they are not willing to spend money. The MMO market is a business, and with all business you need to be able to invest money into it. Take out a loan or borrow money from a friend. Nothing comes cheap, and most certainly nothing comes free. Think of it this way: would you be willing to spend several hours of each day working free? Offering them "special powers" on your MMO won't cut it, professionals want a decent salary.
- Supply the viewer. In your post, it's in your best interest to include some information of what you currently have developed. Give the reader some eye-candy (graphics). It'll attract them and perhaps send some investors your way to assist with your project.
- Take your time. By that I mean, plan out what you're going to say, spell check it, read it over, and read it over again. Nothing says amateur like poor grammar or a misspelled word every line.