Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 05:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How do I sell my gold safely?

Discussion on How do I sell my gold safely? within the Main forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 214
How do I sell my gold safely?

I have gold on GW2. I was contacted by:

his skype is: iblub.exe

He asked me to send 2000 gold first, I said that is not safe so I offered the following:
- To add him on facebook
- Picture of my passport next to me
- My phone number, address
- To skype video call etc
- To do small transactions like 2-5 euro each
- To give him any information he wants and share screen my paypal/guild wars 2 account

What else can I do to trade safely? He called me a scammer and said he would report me to mods and said he contacted them.
I am new here, not sure what to do.
Old 06/02/2014, 19:13   #2

elite*gold: 666
Received Thanks: 2,417
I would not trust a guy like this.

Be sure you trade with a .

Trading with a would be even better.

And check for general informations for your trade.
Old 06/02/2014, 19:19   #3

elite*gold: 77
Received Thanks: 5,599
When you make a trade, then use an middlemen.
Let the middlemen send you and the person an private massage.
Old 06/02/2014, 19:23   #4

How can I find a middleman who accepts GW2 trades? And paypal is dangerous because of chargebacks I heard.
Old 06/02/2014, 19:28   #5

elite*gold: 77
Received Thanks: 5,599
In the middlemen section.
I make middlemen too, but I just communicate about ePvP.
Old 06/02/2014, 22:52   #6

Alright great, what can I do to become trusted on epvper? Do more trader, become ID verified/premium/elite-goldtrader?
Old 06/02/2014, 23:48   #7

elite*gold: 1640
The Black Market: 141/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitnessRegiment15 View Post
Alright great, what can I do to become trusted on epvper? Do more trader, become ID verified/premium/elite-goldtrader?
Just mind the Trading Tips and don't be too stingy giving out data like your phone number etc. Demand the same from your trading partner.
Old 06/03/2014, 01:20   #8

elite*gold: 7
The Black Market: 101/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,038
Rule 1: Never trade on skype.
Old 06/03/2014, 09:53   #9

elite*gold: 14
The Black Market: 247/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitnessRegiment15 View Post
To become ID verified is a first possible step, but don't expect too much from it. I mean, you'll get some trust from this, but it's not everything. Premium/eliteGold-trader means nothing. Generally be active on this forum, trade alot and offer to give out phone number and stuff, but I'd recommend this only for trades which have alot of worth. You don't need to give someone all your private information just because of 10€.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayStation View Post
Rule 1: Never trade on skype.
Makes things alot easier, but you can successfully trade over skype aswell. You should just remember to do everything important over elitePVPers, like sending your PayPal account, username and private informations so the admins can help the police and what's important retrace these private messages aswell as their IP address.

Rule 1 is more like: EVER traderequest. You'll not only know that you're trading with the right guy, you can also give him a negative rating so other users are warned aswell.

lg,
clanstark
Old 06/03/2014, 10:03   #10

Ok I will do this.
If I do get scammed, what information do I need to give to get the user banned etc?
Old 06/03/2014, 10:45   #11

elite*gold: 14
The Black Market: 247/0/0
You should check out the and its stickied post about its . Everything is explained there quite extensive, otherwise feel free to ask.

lg,
clanstark
Old 06/03/2014, 10:54   #12

Thank you very much, will check it out.
Everyone is telling me I am not trusted and is asking me to send gold first, even though it's paypal payment. I am trading with some guy who has 23/0/0 so hopefully he is safe. I told him to post in my thread and request me a trade.
Closed Thread