Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 18:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need your opinion !

Discussion on Need your opinion ! within the Main forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Need your opinion !

Hello guys !

I'm in contact with a member here to be a buyer of something that he sells .

We give us contact today for 22hours on skype.

He contact me @13 Pm to sell the code sooner.

I dont know his life so for me it's possible that he's available sooner .
Who knows ? I'm not in his life ! And now with smartphones, ipad, etc, we can be on skype very easier and all the time . Like I said, I dont know his life !

So I give the money on skype and ... nothing happens ... no code ...
My money in my ###

And now that person tells me that his account is hacked and that's my fault! I shouldnt give the money !
But who think about hacking when you talk to somebdy on skype ??

What do you think about that ? I know that we had an appointment @ 22 but how can I imagine that's not him who"s talking on HIS skype account ? Maybe he's available sooner..
And all that information, maybe the hacker knows them !

Do you think it's my fault ?

He didnt want to make a move to prove me that's the truth ...
And who tells me that the truth ? Easy to say 'sorry I dont have your money, my account is hacked"
In fact, maybe he's got my money and he didnt want to give the code ...

Are you like me ? :
only to prove my honesty and because I'm sorry for the guy who lose money , I will give a code half price like that we take the fault together.
If he was really hacked of course ...

Thanks
Old 05/27/2013, 21:19   #2

elite*gold: 24
Received Thanks: 6,344
its your fault, you should have taken some personal information about him.
you'll find here everything thats important for a safe trade.
Old 05/27/2013, 21:22   #3

But in fact I think it's a honest sailer, he's got a good reputation here.

It's only that I never imagine that I wasn't talking to him on his own skype account!

Are we agree that a move to prove the honesty is not too much ?
Old 05/27/2013, 21:44   #4

elite*gold: 24
Received Thanks: 6,344
why should a "scammer" or an allegedly "hacked" guy proof that he didnt scam u?
its still your fault, cause u didnt check if its really him on skype.

just by the way, can you send me his profile link via private message?
so far so good, were done here cause it has nothing to do with elitepvpers.
Old 05/27/2013, 21:58   #5

Yes but sorry I never imagined that it wasn't him on skype ...
And if it's true, maybe the hacker have all infos that you already shared each other .

If it's a true seller, it's a 50 / 50 fault for me.

If it's a hacker it's only my fault but I think its not the case , it seems honest when I saw his feedbacks !!!

Maybe the hacker have access to his mail, knows where he lives, his age, etc ...
Old 05/28/2013, 14:24   #6
Administrator

elite*gold: 41364
Received Thanks: 12,625
You are responsible for the safety of your trades, so it is always to some extend your fault, if you are scammed. Especially trading with individuals bears vast risks; it is important to be fully aware of this fact. That is why one should always consider what could possibly go wrong and come up with a backup plan so you won't loose control entirely, should this event occur.

It's essentially an assessment of what the worst case scenario could look like and what one can do prior to that in order to minimize the damage in that case. This assessment should include asking oneself the following questions at least:
  • What payment method am I using and can I get my money back in case of a scam?
  • Do I know who I am dealing with? More precisely: Do I have enough information to report that person to the authorities in case of a scam?

Only if you are really aware of the risks involved in a trade with another individual beforehand, you might be able to take sufficient precautions to be relatively safe, even if that other individual turns out to be a scammer. The worst thing one can do is being gullible and assuming that it will probably all go well; this is essentially what makes you an easy victim and sadly it is what many people tend to do.

Since this thread is not really a discussion about elitepvpers and we also cannot help you, I'm gonna close this.

#closed
Closed Thread