Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 18:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Elitepvpers got me a job in Software Engineering

Discussion on Elitepvpers got me a job in Software Engineering within the Main forum part of the General category.

Old 02/02/2013, 05:30   #16

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autogamer View Post
Definitely a cool story. That's the awesome thing about software development and I have been saying this for years that you don't need the fancy degree to get a good job, all you need is to show you are a talented programmer through your own projects.

Years ago when I was into industrial automation I had been approached and gotten a job without even sending them a resume because they had seen an opensource project I had done interfacing Allen Bradley PLC's.
I'm still working towards my degree. I feel it's worth my time and effort, but it is possible to get a job in software engineering without one. I'm sure it would be a lot easier if I had a degree though. I would probably get a better job position as well with a degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineza View Post
That's a really inspiring story (no, seriously, I'm not being sarcastic). o:

I hope my programming gets me a job someday. At the moment I'm pretty okay with the actual programming, but no good at reverse engineering or anything like that. :-P
If you're interested in doing something with your current work, I know some colleges are Microsoft shops (they run ASP.NET for their website), so check into that. Maybe you can get a job as a web programmer for your college (or a local community college near you).
Old 02/03/2013, 23:31   #17

elite*gold: 19
The Black Market: 106/0/7
Everyone should be like you, work hard, dont be lazy and want everything for 0 costs (no work..), glad you gone that far, hope you go much further, these are the things that make me stay in elitepvpers, such a good community, with good members. Congratulations.