Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 11:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Windows 7 Scrolling issue

Discussion on Windows 7 Scrolling issue within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Windows 7 Scrolling issue

I have lately been having this problem now in mabinogi and other programs, scrolling is very laggy now and I have to almost destroy my mouse wheel for it to move anywhere.

I used to run on windows vista and it wasn't an issue, although upgrading the windows 7 is when I have begun to experience this problem.

I have heard that it is a common issue on windows 7 but for some others there hasn't been a problem.

I have tried updating/reinstalling my mouse drivers and changing the mouse settings and none of those seem to have any effect what so ever.

I have been dealing with it for a few months now, I eventually got to deal with it, but it would be nice to be able to scroll through the game smoothly.

The only thing that doesn't actually lag is zooming in and out while in-game.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks !
Old 01/22/2011, 04:25   #2

Open the task manager, does Csrss.exe go insane when you do anything with the mouse, with mabi open, or if you use the scroll wheel on the client?

What kind of mouse is it?

Did you experience the issue as soon as you updated?
Old 01/22/2011, 05:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_j View Post
Open the task manager, does Csrss.exe go insane when you do anything with the mouse, with mabi open, or if you use the scroll wheel on the client?

What kind of mouse is it?

Did you experience the issue as soon as you updated?
The type of mouse I'm using is a Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 and I have even tried installing it to it's latest drivers.

A friend of mine told me to try it without the driver and it still didn't make any difference.

I had a look at the csrss.exe like you had mentioned, nothing seemed wrong with it.

Mabinogi runs perfectly fine regardless, aside from scrolling through skill windows and the friends list.
Old 01/22/2011, 08:28   #4

I meant the process usage by Csrss, I had an issue on my laptop where when the mouse was attached AFTER mabi had started, it would cause a conflict, and Csrss would hit a HUGE cpu spike each time the mouse was moved with mabi as the active window.

I'd have thought a massive lag issue with the mouse would likely be the same problem, but in your case, only activated by scrolling the wheel.

Updated = windows. When you updated to win7, is that when it started?
Or did it begin a while after you upgraded?

Also, that sounds like an MS mouse. Do you have the stupid software installed? Intellipoint or smth?
Old 01/22/2011, 16:58   #5

Quote:
I meant the process usage by Csrss, I had an issue on my laptop where when the mouse was attached AFTER mabi had started, it would cause a conflict, and Csrss would hit a HUGE cpu spike each time the mouse was moved with mabi as the active window.

I'd have thought a massive lag issue with the mouse would likely be the same problem, but in your case, only activated by scrolling the wheel.

Updated = windows. When you updated to win7, is that when it started?
Or did it begin a while after you upgraded?

Also, that sounds like an MS mouse. Do you have the stupid software installed? Intellipoint or smth?
Yes, this issue started exactly as I upgraded to windows 7.

And yes, i'm using intellipoint.

But I even tried removing it once and tried running Mabi without it and still no dice.
Old 01/23/2011, 06:52   #6

Oh, I thought Mabi itself was lagging when you were scrolling, but it's just the wheel isn't as responsive?

Tried it in another PC?
Another mouse on this computer?
Another port if it's a USB?

If you have no joy with any of those, I'd recommend MS' forum.
I dunno why, but I had it in my head that it was a client issue.

-Edit-
Lol, just noticed my first post was at 3am. That would be why.
Old 01/23/2011, 18:49   #7

Quote:
Oh, I thought Mabi itself was lagging when you were scrolling, but it's just the wheel isn't as responsive?

Tried it in another PC?
Another mouse on this computer?
Another port if it's a USB?

If you have no joy with any of those, I'd recommend MS' forum.
I dunno why, but I had it in my head that it was a client issue.

-Edit-
Lol, just noticed my first post was at 3am. That would be why.
Well, zooming in and out works fine.

Using internet explorer, firefox, and google chrome works with scrolling.

This issue only seems to happen when running a program such as Mabinogi, Steam, and etc for online gaming.

-Edit-

Okay, since I don't feel I should make another thread since I already have one open already, I have come across another problem, not with the mouse but with my laptop in general.

For the passed two days my entire laptop would lag very badly when mabinogi is minimized and I have no idea why this is.

I have tried restarting my laptop and tried system restoring my setting backwards by one day but nothing changed, so I'm kind of stumped on that.