Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 11:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Questions about the tmp files stored in mabinogi's cache

Discussion on Questions about the tmp files stored in mabinogi's cache within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Questions about the tmp files stored in mabinogi's cache

Was your character ever turned into a black robe in the character screen? It's because its respective tmp file was deleted. They are typically stored in Documents/Mabinogi/Cache. However, I want to ask somebody who may know about them. If the deletion of one makes your character unplayable ingame, are there any other effects modification of these tmp files could have? Perhaps editing a character's tmp file can generate things ingame? Most likely not but I'm curious, could someone enlighten me?
Old 01/08/2011, 19:05   #2

elite*gold: 0
Those temp files shows what the equips the character have at the character selection screen and it's client sided. I have 2 computers and I can see what those file do.

Ex:

My character have a dragon robe.

I login on my first comp, then I DC and login on my second computer.
On my second computer, I remove that Dragon Robe.
At the character selection screen of my second computer, I can see I have NO dragon robe.

However, on my first computer, I can still see that I have the Dragon Robe at the character selection screen. But when I select that character to login in the world, I don't have the Dragon Robe on anymore because that data was stored on my first computer.

You can try editing those files but you won't generate items because it's client sided and you can only see those items at the character selection screen.

The files are: <charactername>@mabius<number>.tmp