Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 23:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

About this Fail Board and another Fail User

Discussion on About this Fail Board and another Fail User within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation About this Fail Board and another Fail User

I sent this to Kev, the Mod of this Section, some Time ago. He said he'll think about what to do, but of course he didn't, so I'll just post it here, so the Kids can start one more brainless Flamewar about something...

I just read some random Thread from "Trismic" and realized his Signature. It has a Link to his website and after a Sec I recalled where I know his website from...

He is promoting a fake "Mabinogi Gold Generator" on Youtube which tries to gather Mabinogi Logins. I stumbled across it and disassembled a bit ago to see what it's doing and it's leading to his Website. I just reviewed it quick and verified that it's containing the URL which is redirecting to. All else I can say from a quick Peek is that it's a VB App, that sends it's gathered data to (after verifying the data through the nexon website), then deletes Mabinogi.exe and Client.exe and overwrites the HOSTS File with a bogus File that redirects nexon related Adresses to LOCALHOST.

Here's a Link to the Video/App:

Does the Board tolerate such People on here? I mean of course you can say "If someone's that stupid to fall for something like that he deserves it", but imho... I got no clue what he's doing with the Accounts that he might get besides prolly stealing Stuff from them to make Gold from it with that fake App, but I don't like seeing People like him running around and maybe even totally destroying some Kids' Accounts, that just made the Mistake to fall for something like that.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/15/2010, 13:47   #2

Some people on this forum aren't very nice.
Old 02/15/2010, 14:21   #3

If you noticed, there's quite a couple of douches here.
Old 02/15/2010, 14:53   #4

ill look into in. considering im right now the only person currently and actively working with lawyers to bring people like this to justice. i would like to remind everybody on this board. identity theft is illegal. and it is counted in the UN's DMCA as a international law. almost 95% of the countries abide by this law. Many web servers and hosting companies abide by the DMCA.
Again this stuff is highly illegal and even if you under 18 you are still tried as an adult. thank you for pointing this out. and again i will have a look into it asap.
-skitty
Old 02/15/2010, 15:57   #5

Wow, that's a bit much...
As a general rule of thumb, if it looks to good to be true, it usually is.
Thus I bestow upon those that fell for this trap, look, before you leap.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread