Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 12:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Guide to Playing MabinogiEU without European IP?

Discussion on Guide to Playing MabinogiEU without European IP? within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Guide to Playing MabinogiEU without European IP?

Can someone here make a guide on playing MabinogiEU without actually having a European IP? I know there is the one for people outside of NA and Canada (and Oceania too) with AOL and all that stuff. But what about the European version? o_o
Tried various IP masking programs like Hotspot Shield, but I just found out that Hotspot Shield only disguises your IP as a US one >.>
Old 01/30/2010, 05:58   #2

google is ur best friend remember that ill look for something if i find anything ill give u results but just look for European ip programs
Old 01/30/2010, 08:34   #3

Mini bump =D
Old 01/30/2010, 08:58   #4

Old 01/30/2010, 09:52   #5

Don't you think that I have already searched Google till my hands bled? Everything I have tried just won't work, and trying to find working proxies is just *shudders*. I give up, you can let this thread rot away and die now.
Old 01/30/2010, 16:34   #6

> .>

same way as for mabiNA, but you dont use the home connection when you log onto aol.

this SHOULD give you a german (= european) IP adress
Old 01/31/2010, 01:45   #7

I have a question o_o, how does it make it a German IP?
Btw, here is what the profile looks like. I'm a bit unsure about the Connection Type, do I make it the same as what my actual internet connection is? o_o Or Automatic?
Old 01/31/2010, 04:29   #8

As soon as I finish downloading MabinogiEU I'll test my current settings unless someone posts here about if those settings are correct o3o
Old 01/31/2010, 09:46   #9

Got it to work...sorta, how do I change it from a US IP to a UK or w.e IP? o.O
Old 01/31/2010, 13:43   #10

aol only gives german and NA as far as i know.
but who cares? if you get a ip to play in europe don't be picky on the country.

btw i think the AOL Broadband Connection is what becomes german

ps: use the edit button instead of triple-posting
Old 02/01/2010, 06:08   #11

It keeps getting stuck on Step1: Initialising DSL Modem. I changed the Connection Type to AOL Broadband Connection btw

Edit: I think the AOL Broadband Connection only works if your actually signed up with AOL broadband. If there are any settings you want me to post just let me know.
Old 02/01/2010, 23:32   #12

heres a german proxy wich should give u a german ip if u know how to use it
Old 02/02/2010, 01:38   #13

Already got it, I'm using Your Freedom and getting a UK IP. Works btw, but when I tried the no-proxy trick by Logging Off Mabinogi and ending the Your Freedom process, it went to the log-in screen with some unknown error that it didn't show then it just seemed to stop responding (Mabinogi not the Your Freedom program).

Edit: Just realised, I think I did the no-proxy trick incorrectly. I'll try again later today.
Edit2: k, I've been trying to do this User Cultural ID trick but it doesn't seem to be working.
Quote:
For those outside the NA, the only way to play Mabinogi is with a proxy, which isn’t convenient, since they can cause an extreme amount of lag. Fortunately, I accidently found a way to play Mabinogi, without having the proxy run all of the time.

First of all, we want to trigger an error on purpose, namely the User Cultural ID error, and this is causes by going into control panel, Regional and Language Settings and then change the Regional Options to something that ISN’T English (United States) the easiest way is to use English (United Kingdom).

With that changed, open Mabinogi WITH whatever proxy you use running, in my case Hotspot. You should get this error opening the game.

If you didn’t you changed the regional settings wrong.

Now, log into the game normally and choose your characters, and when you’re finally in-game, log out to the character creation screen.

At this moment, the game will seemingly crash, before the same Cultural ID error will appear, leaving this message alone, close your proxy, this will cause your internet to disconnect, which usually causes Mabinogi to disconnect too. Use another program to check when your connection is working again (I used Xfire) and when it’s clear, click OK on the error.

If you did it correctly, you’ll be faced with the character select screen, without the proxy running, and then you are free to choose your character and play away with no lag from the proxy.

You can, at this point also change your regional settings back to English (United States) if you prefer, for getting rid of the error while changing channels and taking screenshots.

Enjoy!
Old 02/02/2010, 09:12   #14

Really annoying that this keeps getting pushed further down. Even at 5 threads down it gets ignored easily. Stop with the .dll threa...*shot* I'm in no hurry, but playing without the proxy lag would be nice, I'm so used to NA which I don't need a proxy for. Only playing MabiEU just for the experience of playing a game new to a certain region.
Old 02/02/2010, 12:57   #15

elite*gold: 240
there is NO way to play without proxy lag... so either you
A. move to europe
B. live with the lag and stop whining
C. crawl in a hole and die