Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 00:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Banned from MabiMods for a virus?

Discussion on Banned from MabiMods for a virus? within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 01/06/2010, 03:08   #16

elite*gold: 0
Well, that's the crappiest cover story I've ever heard, but, someone buys it, so, enjoy your second chance.

Oh, and if you happen to BE one of the banned, don't take the messages personally (Unless you're guilty, then get naked and rub it alllll over) everyone I ban gets some kind of comment.

You should see the DR ones, on all the accounts he registered.

Good times.

All accounts exhibiting suspicious behaviour are banned. No exceptions.

I'll make a point to make another email account for people to Q.Q at though, and put in the ban description.
Old 01/06/2010, 05:43   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_j View Post
Well, that's the crappiest cover story I've ever heard, but, someone buys it, so, enjoy your second chance.

Oh, and if you happen to BE one of the banned, don't take the messages personally (Unless you're guilty, then get naked and rub it alllll over) everyone I ban gets some kind of comment.

You should see the DR ones, on all the accounts he registered.

Good times.

All accounts exhibiting suspicious behaviour are banned. No exceptions.

I'll make a point to make another email account for people to Q.Q at though, and put in the ban description.
It's cool, but as I said, if I did do it on purpose, I would've lol'd and not posted ^^
Old 01/06/2010, 23:30   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB990 View Post
Well yea you can, but why would I do it O_o; and he claims it's a trojan. I mean, if I wanted to I could've done it earlier.

Virus Chief scans of the above file...
Antivir: Nothing found
ArcaVir: Nothing found
AVG: Nothing found
BitDefender: Nothing found
VirusBlokAda32: Nothing found
VirusBuster: Nothing found

Scanned by
Viruschief is ****. use virustotal if you REALLY want to prove a point.
Old 01/07/2010, 21:33   #19

Well...I got demoted on MM for unbanning you. Have fun with your unbanned status. Adam for some reason hates you and did not believe me at all. So whatever.
Old 01/08/2010, 04:24   #20

I've noticed this, I don't know why either...
Old 01/08/2010, 07:06   #21

Um, apparently watching what's being said in the MabiMods chat and here, even though I am an observer to this, I'm going to throw an opinion here anyways.

Why is a moderator acting on a malicious upload being interpreted as a personal attack?

An archive was uploaded from your account that had a trojan labeled RUNMEFIRST.exe. We all agree with this. Unless it has been completely tainted by this point, there should be evidence to back this up. The archive was provided so you can know the proper reason for the ban. To the least, Anthony should've properly investigated the issue before lifting the ban.

[Removed the rest of the argument since I'm not even involved in the matter.]
Old 01/08/2010, 07:54   #22

Lol @ this.

Ant, you were demoted for reasons I don't even know. All I did was forward Marck the same message I sent you, and told him to demote me, as I was done bothering. I had very specific reasons for having the increased powers I did, and I felt that I'd finished what it was I set out to do. I never once mentioned that he should do anything to you, other than "deal with this as you see fit" or the like. Messing with another moderator's work would probably lead to a demotion, especially as you didn't consider anything but your own opinion of the matter. How many people thought DR was a SAINT, and as such, got to avoid suspicion in SO VERY many things? You extend the same idiocy towards AKB, by saying "HE WULD NEVR DU TAT!!". It's people like you, who give rise to morons like DR. If anything, THAT is why you're not a moderator.

Anyway, like I've told you, what, 3 times now? Opinion =/= fact. He uploaded a virus, perhaps it wasn't him, I don't really care. It's not my issue. His account, his IP, his ban.

If anything, you were demoted because you're an idiot, or at least acted like one. Now, if you wanted to avoid that public slap, you could have just read the message I sent you, instead of stating what YOU thought was my opinion publicly, which wouldn't even make sense with the message sent. I don't care about AKB. AT ALL.

AKB: I already told Kev, who posted it in chat, and previously stated, I really couldn't care less about you. You're fun to make fun of, but, my banning is never personal. I would be a shitty moderator if I banned people and deleted downloads because of personal bias.

I don't like quite a few people who post downloads on MM (Probably. I can't think of any offhand.), and their uploads are all still there. The fact I don't know if there ARE people who post downloads, who I don't like, is just testament to what I'm saying. I only care if it works, and isn't malware.

Are you uploading Viruses/trojans/malware? Yes = ban. I've already said, everyone who gets banned gets a lolsome message. No-one is exempt from either. If I'm banning someone anyway, what better way to say, "you came, you saw, you got banhammered for your fail" than with.. Well, something akin to that :3

Perhaps before you act next time Ant, should you ever manage to regain moderator status, you should remember this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Goodkind
The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason.

The first law of reason is this: what exists, exists; what is, is; and from this irreducible bedrock principle, all knowledge is built. It is the foundation from which life is embraced.

Thinking is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts nor are they a means to discover them. Reason is our only way of grasping reality; it is our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss that we refuse to see. Faith and feelings are the darkness to reasons light. In rejecting reason, refusing to think, one embraces death.

Bolded where you went wrong with all of this shit.

One last thing though, the title of this, it makes me lol so hard. "Banned for Uploading a virus?" is what it should be, and Duh.
It'd be kinda weird if we didn't ban people who upload viruses.

And Half, who is going to call this flaming, my "flaming" is probably so effective because it's just the truth. No-one likes to be told it apparently.
Old 01/08/2010, 16:41   #23

Like many things posted to facebook, this **** should of been private.
Old 01/08/2010, 19:03   #24

As I said. Ant wanted it public though, so there it is.

Enjoy.
Old 01/09/2010, 23:45   #25

I didnt want it public in the first place. I asked Marck and hes like "Oh soo many people were complaining about you, blah blah blah...So whatever I dont care anymore.
Old 01/10/2010, 20:37   #26

elite*gold: 1725
Received Thanks: 16,158
~closed~
Thanks
4 Users
Closed Thread