Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 19:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Possable Item Dupe? If Done Right?

Discussion on Possable Item Dupe? If Done Right? within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Possable Item Dupe? If Done Right?

Well.. I was messing with the packets of replacing one wand with another.. and well noticed they would copy them selves? After a Few seconds they would disapear.. I dunno if this is just a visual bug.. but might be able to turn it into more.

Edit: The way the swap works Say you have a wand in one hand and another in your inventory if you capture the packets of you picking up one wand and replacing it with the one in ur hand. Then resend it.. It dosent do the swap it simply trys to place both items on one slot and this making a temporary visual copy of them.. Altho still might be more 2 it.

Edit2: Another possable idea for item duping.. you know when your reborn and your items have 0 Durability.. and your inventory is full... it kicks the item into that little box.. same sort of box the owl quest comes in.. Maybe capture the packet of you picking up that item from that little box.. and try sending it over and over? Anyone wana test this..?
Old 11/21/2009, 06:02   #2

try selling to npc before it dissapears? or does it go away within seconds?
Old 11/21/2009, 06:09   #3

Goes away depending on what you click on I think it is a visual effect.. altho it allows you to pick up both copys of the item.. so maybe.. make a few copys and try to capture the packet of selling the item and resending it.. over and over and maybe it might bypass the item does not exist? which would be a gold dupe..

Edit:

Its Just a visual effect because I can place items on top of each other..
Old 11/21/2009, 07:04   #4

awww. but hey theres potential here. i was thinkin about checking the packets sent during recovery of an item from lost and found see if you could get more of the item. but i know squat about all this stuff so im still on the pre alpha stages lol
Old 11/21/2009, 12:48   #5

Item Dupe doesnt work with Packet Editing.
Old 11/21/2009, 18:59   #6

well what does it work with? or is it just not possible at all
Old 11/21/2009, 19:07   #7

Tried it, doesn't work. You can't send data of what you don't have. Items are checked by server. For example: You could send packets saying that you are buying stuff, but you need the money to start with. On the other hand if you send a packet saying "I picked up a icewand" server will tell you: "What icewand????" And nothing happens.
Old 11/21/2009, 19:48   #8

No. They say, "Hacker!! We d/c you now. NUB!"
Old 11/21/2009, 20:35   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtGeneral Andrew View Post
No. They say, "Hacker!! We d/c you now. NUB!"

Rather, it says "This item doesn't exist."
Every item seems to have its own "ID" drop 1 gold, try to resend that packet server looks at you and goes "You don't have Item 93592 in your inventory; Cannot Drop Item"

If you try to send a packet saying you're picking up 1,000g from the floor, even that stack of gold has its own unique ID, and the server tells you "This item doesn't exist."

If anything, I could see a dupe being done with trades/mailboxes and temporary inventories.

this is such an anonymous post.
Old 11/24/2009, 08:19   #10

dll edit most likely. or pet files (just throwing ideas here lol)
Closed Thread