Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 11:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question - Pake: Making people disconnect from Mabi.

Discussion on Question - Pake: Making people disconnect from Mabi. within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question - Pake: Making people disconnect from Mabi.

So apparently Pake is capable of lagging peoples internet and disconnecting them? How is this possible, would like an educated answer also anyway to prevent it? Feels like an DDoS.
Old 03/22/2013, 05:02   #2

Do you use pake for malicious purposes?
Old 03/22/2013, 07:29   #3

Due to the most recent patch, some packet values have been changed (which was expected due to all of the people using it). you may be sending a file that clashes with the server, forcing you to D/c
Old 03/22/2013, 08:21   #4

More like sending invalid packets causes a disconnect.
Old 04/01/2013, 12:29   #5

Pake can't do anything to other people's internet connection. It is not capable of "lagging peoples internet". But it is very capable of causing a "Denial-of-service" of the game server. What do you think were the cause of the channel crashes? --pake. You just need to send certain packets in certain ways in which the server isn't designed to handle. The no save dupe is the same idea. It is all about glitching up the server and make it encounter an unexpected error. If the server encounters an error while dealing with your character, (ie. trying to remove the lost elf quest scroll from your hidden inv and can't find it), then your character don't save. If the server encounters an error dealing with general stuff(ie. someone duped 999999999 items and throw them all in 1 map), then the channel might crash and everyone no save.

This reminds me of the game latale. In that game there used to be a glitch on the server in which if a group of bards gather up and play song to buff each other in a certain way then the channel would crash. So whenever the bards got ****** by someone they would crash the channel. People called it the "bards bombing the channel". Some players even chose the bard class just to be able to bomb the channel. So funny~ Then later people found ways to use the crash to do things like duping. Similar to what happened in mabi. Anyways...

On the topic of disconnecting people, It's possible there is such a packet or method that would do it. But you will have to find it
In one of my experiments long time ago I was able to crash my main by sending packet on my alt. I don't remeber the details anymore tho. It has to do with the partner pet. Oh by the way, do you guys know that by sending the "partner chat" packet you can talk to a partner pet on any character from any location? You just need to know the partner's ID and make sure the partner is summoned. There could possibly be something useful hiddin in this. Or maybe not. Idk~